Optimum car wash and ONR difference

firstly I want to ask is there any difference between this 2 products other than the foams?

does Optimum car wash beads water on paint and glass like ONR? I tried the onr but havent tried the car wash yet.

thanks

The difference in the products isn't the biggest thing, its how you'd use them. ONR is a rinseless wash, wipe down a panel with the solution, dry it off. Optimum Car Wash is a wash off product, used for typical hose off washes. Optimum Car Wash does produce bubbles/foam. ONR doesn't foam at all.

Personally, I haven't done a traditional wash in probably 7 years since I found Q&EW, and then switched to ONR

what If I didnt beat the car wash solution in the wash bucket to produce the foam and use it like ONR? just swril the wash solution lightly to mix the mixture without producing foams, wash and wipe without rinsing, yes theres still foams but minimal and can be wipe off.

I am just thinking of making a more affordable alternative for ONR

thanks

The diff in price between the two (both 32 ounce bottles) is about $5, with the Car Wash being the cheaper of the two. I like the versatility of the ONR. Properly diluted, it can make a variety of products: car wash solution conditioner, clay lube, QD solution, etc. This versatility, IMHO, more than makes up for the slightly higher price of ONR.

Like Chris says, ONR can be used like a tradional car wash, with the added benefit of using less water. And I'm guessing that you can avoid suds with the Car Wash if you don't agitate the solution.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

I have only done 3 traditional washes since finding out about rinseless washes about four years ago. ONR cleans as well as any traditional wash in my opinion. Even in the winter. If you've got caked on dirt and grime then just blast off the panels at the coin op and then wash with ONR. :spoton[1]:

• 1 month later...

firstly I want to ask is there any difference between this 2 products other than the foams?

does Optimum car wash beads water on paint and glass like ONR? I tried the onr but havent tried the car wash yet.

thanks

Not only does it bead, but the shine left behind on the paint is amazing...can't truely say about the glass as I always OOS or OCW the glass anyway. So a maint. wash will still bead glass.

Purchasing OCWC can only be viewed as a + in my opinion.

When non desired results are reported using OCC products, it is usually user error of not following the MFG's simple product directions...KISS. :blink:

I am just thinking of making a more affordable alternative for ONR

thanks

• 5 weeks later...

Exactly how clean rinsing is the car wash solution? I live in a condo with no water hose, so must rely on buckets of water instead. Will this be sufficient for rinsing, or should I just stick to ONR, which is giving me great results. I do miss the 'traditional' wash, however. Still feels funny using ONR and not having suds. Guess I'm too old school. LOL

Exactly how clean rinsing is the car wash solution? I live in a condo with no water hose, so must rely on buckets of water instead. Will this be sufficient for rinsing, or should I just stick to ONR, which is giving me great results. I do miss the 'traditional' wash, however. Still feels funny using ONR and not having suds. Guess I'm too old school. LOL

I'd stick with onr, but the traditional wash although it doesn't get much praise is also an amazing product and very clean rinsing. Probably one of the safest all around washes on the market. But carrying buckets of water back and forth to the car doesn't sound fun :(

I'd stick with onr, but the traditional wash although it doesn't get much praise is also an amazing product and very clean rinsing. Probably one of the safest all around washes on the market. But carrying buckets of water back and forth to the car doesn't sound fun :(

Nope, carrying those buckets is not fun at all. But I like to look on the bright side of things. At least I'm getting my exercise for the day. :lol: For the time being I'm filling-up empty 2 liter soda bottles. Thinking of getting at least another Gamma Seal Lid. Faster and easier to fill-up the bucket versus filling-up 5 bottles.

BTW, for all of those on a budget, I got my buckets free from the local supermarket. And Gamma Seal Lids from the Home Depot for about $7 apiece in the paint department. My Grit Guards won't fit in the Orange HD bucket, unless I push down HARD. Even then there is still a small gap at the bottom. The supermarket buckets fit fine, although a tad bit loose along the sides.

Here's my philosophy on life. Cheaper is good. Free is better.

Happy Detailing, everyone!

Archived