Some recent work...

New to the forum and rather than post up tons of small threads...figured I would make one really long thread. Had two Opti-Guard jobs this week on a brand new A6 and a customers '08 C6Z06 but since I was crunched for time on both, I got little pictures and have not had a chance to edit them so... here for jobs from the previous week going back...

Did a concourse level detail on this 1968 Jaguar 220 too complete in the Driven Class today for the North America Jaguar Association. Car won with a 9.982 score out of a possible 10. Car will be competing next month at the final NAJA event in SC in the Champion class to hopefully pick up a 1st place Champion award. Not many pictures, Chadbee Photography will be doing a photoshoot of this car next month. Was way to busy working on both the Jag and the Carrera GT in the time I had, so not many pictures.

1-18.jpg

2-19.jpg

3-18.jpg

ConcourseAward.jpg

A C5 Corvette we did some correction on and applied Opti-Guard after explaining to the owner the benefits of it. Owner said he wanted his car to be as easily maintable as possible. Plus he did not want to have to take it too his local Hack Shop for a Wash'n'Wax and them mess up everything we just did.

Customer contacted me awhile back, got my name and information from someone from Arkansas :grin: and wanted to get his vette cleaned up. Said he had someone else work on it earlier this year and they could not get it too where he was wanting. Customer drove up from Macon the night prior and stayed the whole day to get the vette done. While here he was talking about being worried that the local "detail" shop down there was going to ruin all this work a few months later when he wanted it waxed again. Customer was a perfect candidate for the Opti-Coat/Opti-Guard and after showing him other cars and telling him about the product, he had no issues with getting it done. Knowing that he could maintain the car himself by simply washing it correctly and not having to worry about anything else for years, it was a simple choice for him.

No really overall befores, as I started on this car around 8am and had to get it done in one day.

Though here was the condition of the paint just after washing the car and getting ready to really start on it...

1-17.jpg

5-17.jpg

3-17.jpg

2-17.jpg

The only picture I got on my test area. Right side was untouched, left side was the test area...

6-17.jpg

After getting everything done, again no real pictures in the middle as I was having to really hustle on this car, finished around 7:30pm. Between myself and my part-time guy, it was a lot of man hours for 1 day.

Customer also wanted his engine bay cleaned up and everything dressed.

8-17.jpg

Once everything was done a few shots inside before going outside...

9-16.jpg

10-16.jpg

Now outside, even though it was late, still enough light left for some pictures...

13-15.jpg

12-15.jpg

14-14.jpg

15-14.jpg

17-14.jpg

16-14.jpg

18-14.jpg

19-14.jpg

Now here is a GTR we did a New Car Prep on and Opti-Guard a few months ago in my old shop...

Owner contacted me from seeing the other members thread wanting to get his new GTR done right from the get go. At the same time, since he was wanting as much protection and too keep it looking its best for as long as possible, he was a prefect candidate for Opti-Coating. Opti-Coat is a permanent resin coating that is applied to paint to give it the utmost gloss retention after proper paint polishing, hydrophobic properties, help the paint reject usual fall out that requires claying every few months and just your general and required UV protection. Then the biggest thing that people love about this product is that it creates a hard shell on the paint that will help protect from lighter scratches and swirls. Its not impossible to scratch but people will find that the amount of scratches that build up over time, will not be nearly as bad or as fast. Basically, every time he washes his car it will wash much easier, the dirt wont stick too the paint as much and it will look freshly detailed each time.

Now, when the owners buddy dropped the car for him, got my pictures before and started on it right away.

1-9.jpg

2-9.jpg

3-9.jpg

4-9.jpg

5-9.jpg

6-9.jpg

7-9.jpg

8-9.jpg

9-9.jpg

10-9.jpg

With the heavy flake from the Jet Black color, its hard to make out how bad the paint is in full sun. Granted still...I have seen much worse in direct sunlight on heavy flake paints and this one was pretty nice for low miles. Once inside, all washed and clayed, I got into my area and got a few pictures under my LED light to see what I was really going to be working against. Still not bad, just a lot of light scratches here and there.

Nice little scuff on the pass quarter and some holograms on the spoiler and a-pillar.

11-8.jpg

12-8.jpg

13-8.jpg

14-8.jpg

15-8.jpg

Generally I do some half and halfs...seeing as though this car was not overly bad and the flake is a pain to capture against, I did not get any.

Before applying the Opti-Coat you need to have the paint as free of oils and residues left over from the polishing or even oil from your hands from touching the paint somewhere.

Here is a picture of the paint free and clear of anything. Just a nice glosses up finish. Almost looks like it is already sealed/waxed.

16-8.jpg

17-8.jpg

Now span forward a few hours and everything is done. A few pictures inside before taking it outside.

18-8.jpg

19-8.jpg

20-8.jpg

21-8.jpg

22-8.jpg

23-8.jpg

24-8.jpg

25-8.jpg

Now outside to get some sun pictures before the clouds take over! *damn clouds*

26-7.jpg

27-7.jpg

28-7.jpg

29-7.jpg

30-5.jpg

31-5.jpg

32-5.jpg

33-4.jpg

34-4.jpg

35-4.jpg

36-4.jpg

37-3.jpg

38-3.jpg

39-3.jpg

40-3.jpg

41-3.jpg

42-4.jpg

45-3.jpg

43-3.jpg

44-3.jpg

I do a lot of '50s/'60s Mercedes Benz Restoration cars...here is one of my favorite ones...

Owner saw the 280 I recently did and wanted his done to the same degree. Car was in great shape and a great turn around. Came out real well and paint really glowed after being completed.

Before pictures when it was dropped off. Was a perfect day outside to really get the befores of the paint too see its condition.

Befores. Car had been repainted years back and still had some of the sanding/DA marks in the paint and a lot of micro marring from either the sanding or buffing after being repainted.

1-7.jpg

2-7.jpg

3-7.jpg

4-7.jpg

5-7.jpg

6-7.jpg

7-7.jpg

8-7.jpg

9-7.jpg

10-7.jpg

11-6.jpg

Interior was going to need some cleaning up...

12-6.jpg

Top was looking a bit discolored and grimy..

13-6.jpg

After getting it inside...washed and clayed. Was able to see a better idea of the paint and get some pictures of it cleaned up prior to any correction work...

14-6.jpg

16-6.jpg

17-6.jpg

18-6.jpg

21-6.jpg

22-6.jpg

23-6.jpg

My test area before...overhead light and LED light...

15-6.jpg

17-6.jpg

18-6.jpg

Half and Half...

20-6.jpg

After...

19-6.jpg

Now onto the top...after washing the grime off the top and before treating it, you can see the amount of stuff that came out of it...

24-6.jpg

Also with the top, with a car like this you have to release the convt top fully into its storage area so you can work all the way up the edge. Good thing its rather simple with these old cars...lol

Before...

25-6.jpg

Removed...

26-6.jpg

And find things like this...

27-6.jpg

After finishing buffing...moved too the interior. Seats were pretty bad and took a lot of scrubbing to get years of grime out of them. Back of the seat untouched, bottom cleaned...

28-6.jpg

29-6.jpg

Both sides done...

30-4.jpg

After getting everything done, got some pictures with the top down before I put it up and took it outside for afters...

31-4.jpg

32-4.jpg

33-3.jpg

Archived