Finally finished 14 hour exterior detail-06 GTO

Blue Dream

Having used ONR for 10 years I knew Optimum put out solid products.  For what seems like forever I dabbled with Zaino, Menzerna/Jescar, Wolfgang, Meguires etc. with various products being favorites of mine.  Recently got into a conversation with a friend who's a pro detailer about some of the newer products they have.   He swears by the whole Optimum line and I now see why.

The Goat's paint was in great shape from the get go, the car only has 60K miles.  It was rarely driven and was garage kept except for the last 3 years.  In that time she has lived and continues to do so outside 24/7.  So needing to find products that were durable, protected the paint, looked great and were easy to work with became a priority.  So glad I decided to use all Optimum products for my detail, the results are amazing, especially since I had never used any of them before.  Started with an ONR bath then a clay bar pass.  Then in this order here's how I finished it:

Opti-Coat Primer Polish

Gloss Coat

Opti-Seal

Opti-Bond tire treatment

Stoners Invisible glass(yeah I get it, not an Optimum product lol)

My trusty Porter Cable 7424 once again came through with flying colors and removed 85% of my swirls/spiderwebbing.  You all can guess the rest, I'll let a few pics do the rest of my talking.  Extremely pleased how it turned out.

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0748.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0750_%282%29.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

Given the fact I had to wait a week between the OCPP and GC applications due to 7 days of rain it's even more amazing it all worked out as well as it did.

Great job! I love the hard candy type look it gives paint, especially red like this one. I'm trying to resist buying Gloss Coat for my car for a few months until I get through some more Opti Seal (it seems to last forever), but posts like this don't make it easy.

Invisible Glass is a good glass cleaner, but I don't bother anymore and just use ONR and Opti Seal which gives me great results without the need for a dedicated product.

PS. You get extra points off me for having an Australian made car! :D

Don't wait on the GC, put it on then finish your OS on top of it.  The look/shine/depth is insane.  When I use up all my OS I'm running right out and buying Hyper Seal, it's supposed to be more mind-blowing than OS.  If I can even wait that long lol.

That will be a classic  car someday (under appreciated)!  The first car I worked on was a 66 GTO (yes, I'm that old).  Ways to use up Opti-Seal - apply to hot tub/jacuzzi, showers, pontoon, etc

• 4 weeks later...

Next question, I was involved in a very minor traffic accident a couple of weeks ago and the car in at the body shop getting fixed.  How long does the new paint and clear need to set/cure before I can re-coat the affected areas with Primer Polish and Gloss Coat?

On another note finally received my Hyper Seal a while back and damn, the car's shine/gloss level is insane!  I've been recommending the whole Optimum line, especially GC, to anyone who will listen.  I'm 56 and have never owned a car that looks this good on the outside and that includes several new cars over the years.

42786055955_42326fe34b_c.jpg20180726_173917 by Tim Teague, on Flickr

42786062415_c1142f5411_c.jpg20180726_173935 by Tim Teague, on Flickr

Archived