Opti-Clean

Lowejackson

Just a quick tip when cleaning intricate areas like badges, emblems or in narrow areas.  Normally these are cleaned with an APC like Power Clean but when the surfaces are just moderately dirty then spray some Opti-Clean and use a soft brush to lift the dirt away.  You can then use a cloth to wipe the surface or wash with ONR.

Opti clean is a versitile cleaner and waterless wash...unfortunatelly its not a good clay lubricant. I had to find out the hard way  a couple of weeks ago. Fortunately for me I sanded and polished the paint afterwards.

With a clay bar. Fair to say it was old and used before. It was one of those cheap chinese 3m fakes you get of aliexpress. Also I was working on a black soft bmw paint. Opti clean felt like its lubricated but the clay bar left horrible marring behind.

54 minutes ago, No Soap said:

Why? Use ONR or Optimum Car Wax.

Good point but we only know about OCW working as a clay lube when someone tried it (Yvan?).  In theory Opti-Clean should work well.  It has more lubrication than ONR and better cleaning abilities.  ONR would be cheaper but for those who for whatever reason cannot use ONR then claying with a waterless wash would simple give them an alternative.

Archived