Optimum products on non-ceramic coated car?

Forgive me for asking this question if already answered in previous post.  

I had a 2018 corvette which had opti coat pro+ (looked awesome!). 

Unfortunately I had to return the car due to lemon law (serious engine problems - 3 engines blown in 5 months). 

Yesterday I leased a 2019 corvette and this time I got Simoniz glass coat applied on car and wheels.

My brother-in-law works at dealership and it was free (vehicle is a lease and free is free - although I'm sure it won't look the same).

My question is although I don't have opti coat ceramic coating, can I still use the same products like hyper seal, instant detailer & gloss enhancer, and my favorite opti clean?

Thanks 

Mark

• 2 years later...

Hello, Greetings from India!

Sorry, if my questions sound too trivial and have been answered in some other threads. I have a black car with Modesta ceramic coating.  My queries are:

1. Is Optimum no rinse wash designed for ceramic coated cars? Will it impact efficacy of some of the self healing properties that coating has to offer?

2. I wish to add more gloss to my car. Which one should be more helpful for this purpose - ONR (blue one) or ONRWW (green one)?

3. I have to park my car in scorching sun.  So UV protection is also an important consideration.  Assume ONRWW offers better UV protection.

4. I live in a dust prone area and plan to use rinseless wash twice a week. Which one of these 2 products offer better dust repellance, if any?

Cheers 

Deepak

Optimum No Rinse will work on all paint (Opti-Coat No Rinse is formulated specifically for ceramic coatings, but may not be available to you) and will not affect any self healing properties.  Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax has carnauba and would add more gloss.  While ONRWW would offer some UV protection, I would recommend either Spray Wax or Opti-Seal (or Hyper Seal if you can buy it).  I don't know of any wash product that repels dust, so wax or seal would be your best option.

• 7 months later...
On 4/1/2021 at 7:05 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Optimum No Rinse will work on all paint (Opti-Coat No Rinse is formulated specifically for ceramic coatings, but may not be available to you) and will not affect any self healing properties.  Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax has carnauba and would add more gloss.  While ONRWW would offer some UV protection, I would recommend either Spray Wax or Opti-Seal (or Hyper Seal if you can buy it).  I don't know of any wash product that repels dust, so wax or seal would be your best option.

Hey Ron, would you recommend using ONR Wash and wax over regular ONR on a ceramic coated car just to add some more gloss? I have seen umpteen number of videos from reputed detailers  advising that using a wax on ceramic coating may mask some of the properties of coating. I assume amount of wax ONRWW will have will be too less for it to mask coating properties. Am I right in thinking this way?

the choice between regular ONR and ONRWW is a personal one, it has no negative effect on ceramic. We recommend waxing ceramic coatings - our wax or seal (including ONRWW) won't mask ceramic characteristics, and they add gloss plus a sacrificial layer.  I think some of those comments are due to using differing brands of wax on Optimum Coatings.