Clarification needed for the car care guide for Opti-Coat

hokiedood

I'm looking over the car care guide and under Spot removal there is the line "Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination."

What are examples of aggressive products? Since Opti-coat is chemical resistant I would think any chemical product is okay to use. That includes products like power clean and an iron removal on the car body.

Well, strong compound should be avoided, sanding. Don't know about Optimum polish(es) though. For chemical, avoid (touchless) carwashes like the plague.

You would be safe using those products you mention for an occassional decon (1 - couple times a year). Dilute Power Clean at least 1:3, but that should depend on contamination. A fallout remover will do no harm, but stick with Ferrex just to be sure. Optimum MDR (acidic) will not harm the coating either.

8 hours ago, hokiedood said:

I'm looking over the car care guide and under Spot removal there is the line "Never use aggressive products to polish the coating or remove surface contamination."

What are examples of aggressive products? Since Opti-coat is chemical resistant I would think any chemical product is okay to use. That includes products like power clean and an iron removal on the car body.

Aggressive products refers to abrading the surface, as in polishing, compounding, etc. Anything designed to remove or abrade clear coat is considered aggressive. Chemicals by opt are not aggressive. Invest in the Opti coat line of maintenance products. You will fall in love with them.

basically no chemical you can buy short of industrial strength acids will damage Opti-Coat Pro.  Having said that, over use of strong cleaners will over time reduce ceramic coatings just like they reduce clear coat.  The Guide refers to any product containing abrasives which is why we recommend chemical decontamination.  You can do minor correction with light polishes, but you are still reducing the coating to some degree.