Durability during first 30 Days

JoeG1005

So it's pretty common knowledge that Opti-coat Pro and Pro + shouldn't have chemicals for 7 days and is fully cured/hardened in 30 days. My questions are related to any cleaning during that first 30 days.

- I've read elsewhere that you absolutely should not do anything to the car as far as contact wash goes for the 30 days. Seems like a good practice, but is it accurate? The exception seems to be using an ONR soaked MF to gently wipe anything damaging (i.e. bird poo)

- Will a pressure washer impact the coating during the curing time if you just want to rinse loose dirt off the surface of the car? Is a pressure wash better than a wipe as above for those items like bird droppings, etc..

It  seems like I am better off just not doing anything for 30 days for absolute best results (other than remove the odd dropping, etc.)

Comments?  Any other advice?

The standard recommendation for Opti-Coat Pro is to wait 7 days before washing with solvents (soap).  The coating is cured and chemically resistant at that time and you can power wash away!  It's your preference then to power wash or use a microfiber.  There's no magic to waiting for 30 days...

I did a quick rinse (no soap) and dry with my leaf blower (no contact that way) on day 8 because the car got some road grime on it from a trip.

Yesterday, I gave it love. Pre-soaked with Opti-coat No Rinse in detailer strength, gentle power wash, microfiber hand wash with Opti-coat No Rinse and dried, then Hyper-Seal. Came out gorgeous. 

I hope my wife doesn't find out how much I spent on all new microfiber towels, mitts, grit guards, cleaning agents, etc. :)

On 4/28/2020 at 2:52 PM, JoeG1005 said:

...I gave it love. Pre-soaked with Opti-coat No Rinse in detailer strength, gentle power wash, microfiber hand wash with Opti-coat No Rinse and dried, then Hyper-Seal. Came out gorgeous. ......I hope my wife doesn't find out how much I spent on all new microfiber towels, mitts, grit guards, cleaning agents, etc. :)

This is one very worthwhile addiction!  Would she rather you be out carousing 😏

Any money spent on drinking is down the plumbing a few hours later, whereas money/time spent  on keeping the car well maintained lasts forever.