Compatibility of Hyper Seal with ONRWW

20 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Hyper Seal applies the same as Opti-Seal, but has Si02 components that allow it to bond to ceramics and provide greater gloss & durability.

Ron I don't know if that answered my question.  In my optimization training, it was stated that applying OCW (or ONRWW) first will not interfere with Opti-Seal bonding to the paint.  Is this the same for Hyper-Seal?  Or is it better to use plain ONR (if claying do not use OCW) to maximize the adhision of Hyper-Seal since it is a SiO2 based sealant vs a polymer based sealant.

Good question  was looking for this answer  as well . Although  this is the way I wash some times with onrww then hyper seal.  Looks great nice mirror like finish no streaking at all.   I just hope I getting good  protection .  I like using onrww because  it gets wax in all the gaps . 

I also use Hyper Seal over ONRWW and have no bonding issues.  I haven't used combo wax & seal for years (and that was OS) so have no real time experience.  Hyper Seal is reaching wide usage and have never heard of any problems, from enthusiasts OR pro installers.

• 3 months later...

What is the cure time for Hyper-Seal?   Some other SIO2-based sealers claim they need 4 - 8 hours of cure time (depending on environment) for their molecules to "orient" for maximum protection.

Hi Ron 

So hyperseal   has only a small amount of SI02.  😥If I  double or triple coat hyperseal on top of my gloss coat am i getting more protection .  What about optimum spray wax on top of all that . I like the look of the wax   

10 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Hyper Seal is a hybrid and the SiO2 content is minor, so there's no extra cure time - 1 hour is sufficient.  Gloss may increase over time but that doesn't effect curing.

Should add that unlike Rain-X products, Hyper-Seal didn't seem to cause wiper buildup, either on my glass or wipers.  However,  I'm now using Opti-Pro glass clean and protect on the glass, and a small amount of ONR in the washer fluid (seems to work pretty well).

additional layers of Hyper Seal will ensure complete coverage, may add gloss, and can modestly increase durability.  Some add Wax for that reason, like the carnauba shine.  Added coats will not equal the benefits of ceramic - OCP is SiC, not Si02 and Gloss Coat is a hybrid of both chemistries. 

Thanks Ron 

Good info I will keep using both hyperseal  and optimum  wax  .

Wax on top of hyperseal  or hyperseal  on top of wax does it make any difference . 

• 2 weeks later...

Wax first then hyperseal ok but 

When I wash car the following week what's first . If I am putting wax on  top of hyper seal am i just wasting product and time will the wax last till the next weekly wash . I put two coats of hyperseal on in the spring on top of my gloss coat then my weekly wash with onr and  wax as a drying aid .  What do you think .  I like the spray wax   in the winter it only needs a sunny day and about 2 or 3 deg c to work  i use warm water with my onr to wash the car.  

There's really no wrong way to do this - for greater durability, apply Wax then Hyper Seal.  For the carnauba look, you can use Wax whenever and should get several weeks longevity, depending on weather, etc.  As often and well as you maintain your car, it will always be protected.