Clear coat penetration

I've seen many videos where Ivan discussed how Pro+ doesn't sit on top of clear coat, but actually combines with the clear coat.

How deep does Pro+ / Pro3   "combining" go within a clear coat layer, given that clear coat's roughly 2 mils (or 50 microns per the info sites I checked) ?

Am not sure if "combining" occurs with SIO2 products or Graphene products, for that matter.

Opti-Coat ceramics bond to (become part of) clear coats and add very little to it's depth (OCP = 2 microns, OCP+ = 4 microns, OC3 = 8 microns, all due to different layers).  Si02/graphene coatings layer on top and adhere to the clear coat, but over time wear and the adhesion breaks down, requiring reapplication.  FYI, there is variety in both depth AND hardness among automotive clear coats. 

55 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Opti-Coat ceramics bond to (become part of) clear coats and add very little to it's depth (OCP = 2 microns, OCP+ = 4 microns, OC3 = 8 microns, all due to different layers).  Si02/graphene coatings layer on top and adhere to the clear coat, but over time wear and the adhesion breaks down, requiring reapplication.  FYI, there is variety in both depth AND hardness among automotive clear coats. 

I've seen videos of Opti-Coat Pro and Pro+ applications (Pro+ apparently goes on top of Pro).  Does the Pro 3 coating require at least 2 or possibly 3 application steps between components?

And do the Opti-Coat Pro coatings actually _alter_ the surface of the clear coat that they bond to, and if so, to what coating depth (I wonder what tests would be used to determine that ) ?

Thnx for info.  My guess at this point is that to apply a successor SIC coating to a vehicle with Opti-Coat Pro+, 4 microns of Opti-Coat Pro+ (its thickness) and possible 1 -2 microns of altered clear coat must be removed for proper bonding of the successor (currently , Pro3 ).