Is RO/DI water required to avoid streaking?

chon

21 hours ago, Ron@Optimum said:

either DI and RO water are more pure than simple distilled water (they are different ways of filtering but similar results).  ONR softens all but the hardest water, but it never hurts to go the extra mile. 

I'm not sure I agree with that...since DI is an ion-exchange process and RO is a membrane filtration process, my knowledge is that neither of them will provide an end product that is as "pure" as properly distilled water, although the goal of all 3 is largely the same.  There are pros and cons to each method which would lead you to choose one over the other in an industrial or business setting, but for the OP's use distilled water is a more than adequate solution; many detailers use distilled water from the supermarket at $1/gal for waterless and even rinseless washing.

FYI

Deionized water is as pure if not sometimes purer than distilled water, which is also a form of water purification done through boiling and steaming. DI water working in conjunction with an RO system is what gives the potential of DI water to be cleaner than distilled water.

image.jpeg