Opti-Coat Pro Primer Polish

7 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

I understand your confusion and I misspoke, Primer Polish is not an IPA replacement (that's Paint Prep), but you can still apply coating over Primer Polish without wipedown as long as PP residue is minimum.

Very interesting. Thank you for the clarification. 

May I just ask one last thing:

If, say, one wishes to do a 2-in-1, very mild paint correction along with Primer Polish, would this significantly affect either the ceramic bonding process or change the quick wipe method prior to applying the ceramic? 

I'm talking about using PP along with another premium polishing compound such as those by Menzerna, which have no fillers or silicons in them. 

Thank you in advance! 

32 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

the only polish we recommend is Primer Polish (Hyper Polish) - I can't promise there would be no bonding issues with another brand...and Primer Polish should accomplish a mild paint correction, why risk another?

Understood - thanks again! 🙏🙏

54 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

By the way, I think I asked because deep in my memory the instructions for applying the Pro3 (and perhaps for Opticoat Pro also, in Vimeo) included the wiping down of paint with Paint Prep. 

So now I'd just be a little concerned a to whether using Paint Prep can potentially affect the interaction between the ceramic and the just-prepped paintwork... 🤔

Gosh, sorry if it seems like a storm in a glass of water now, lol... 😂💦🥛🌀

I'm learning a lot tonight!

I know a lot of people complain about Opti-Seal's water behavior, but when I polished with Hyper Polish prior to applying Opti-Seal I was able to get those really round beads. No, not like that of Gloss Coat or similar, but more than when I used Meguiar's or Menzerna prior.  If I use my 3D polishes I'll do an ONR spray and wipe, and to a separate Paint Prep pass before applying the Gloss Coat.