ONR, Opti-Seal, & Instant Detailer, Every 2 Weeks?

mhl6493

So I'm new to the whole Optimum system of products, and I just wanted to run my current plan for washing/protecting my vehicles past y'all to make sure I'm on the right track.

Currently I plan to do a rinseless wash with ONR, using Opti Seal as a drying aid, followed by a quick application of the Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer, every 2 weeks (sometimes 3, but no more than that).  

Do y'all see any problems with that plan?  Will applying Opti-Seal that frequently cause any issues?  Is there anything else I'm missing?  

Thanks in advance for your input!  Really looking forward to giving the Optimum system a try.  As I mentioned in my introductory post a few days ago, it just seems like such a different approach than anything else in the detailing industry, and it intrigues me greatly.  

That sounds fine, no worries about applying Opti-Seal frequently, applying a sealant frequently is the best way to keep the car clean.  I don't know how much you've read about rinseless washing technique, I personally use a rinse bucket, but the most important thing is you don't want to grind the dirt into the paint, so the dirtier the vehicle the smaller the section you should be washing at a time, meaning more frequent rinsing or changing of the wash media.  Make sure you have all the dirt off the section before you dry, it may take more than one pass if the car is dirty.  You may also want to do a pre-spray, though depending on the type of dirt, I find it doesn't make much difference.

Oh, and I don't really see the need for the IDGE if you are using Opti-Seal.

17 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

That sounds fine, no worries about applying Opti-Seal frequently, applying a sealant frequently is the best way to keep the car clean.  I don't know how much you've read about rinseless washing technique, I personally use a rinse bucket, but the most important thing is you don't want to grind the dirt into the paint, so the dirtier the vehicle the smaller the section you should be washing at a time, meaning more frequent rinsing or changing of the wash media.  Make sure you have all the dirt off the section before you dry, it may take more than one pass if the car is dirty.  You may also want to do a pre-spray, though depending on the type of dirt, I find it doesn't make much difference.

Oh, and I don't really see the need for the IDGE if you are using Opti-Seal.

Thanks for the reply and the input - much appreciated!  

• 1 month later...

This is exactly the method i'm using. Usually once every week or two weeks. Really great results!

I'm too scared to use the big red sponge though -- i soak a bunch of microfiber cloths in the clean diluted ONR first, and do one panel at a time, discarding the cloth after applying the ONR. I then dry it with a different microfiber. This way i'm not putting dirt back into the diluted ONR bucket.