Intensive Polish can’t remove from trim

skeelo221

Hello,

I am having a very hard time removing some dried intensive polish off some textured trim on my new Honda. 
I didn’t tape off since I read it can be wiped off with ONR and am regretting that. I have not found this to be the case to be easily wiped off textured trim. 

I have used Power Clean in conjunction with magic eraser and toothbrush and that isn’t getting it all off.  I also tried wiping with paint prep. 

any other tips?

whatever chemical suggestions please make sure it will not damage gloss coat , as to rinse off the trim it will run down over the paintwork which already has the gloss coat applied. 

Thanks! 

It's best to wipe polishes off trim before they dry.  Be careful with the Magic Eraser as you don't want to scuff the trim.  If ONR or OPC with a toothbrush hasn't worked, and you've also used IPA (paint prep), do you have a pressure washer?  You need to be very careful with that but I would hope that would blast it off.

I do have a pressure washer, I can try that. 

Or is this a case where using some more intensive polish on a foam hand pad could help and then wipe off immediately after applying more intensive polish? 

If I’m using Power Clean, what is a safe dilution to use as to not damage the Gloss Coat? 

Thanks! 

On 10/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, Setec Astronomy said:

I would use the OPC at 1:3 (product:water).  You don't have a picture you can post of the affected area, do you?

I spent another 45 min today with Power Clean and various brushes and this is what I ended up with.  Looks horrible.

I will carefully try the pressure washer tomorrow, I was hoping to avoid that.  Sorry pic is upside down, not sure why it’s doing that and no way to rotate pic on the forum

54748464-2570-4A32-9619-FE9008BF4EEE.jpeg.20a41ac3f78ef6f45f0d3d1ec89e2c0b.jpeg

That does look terrible.  Duragloss makes a product called Wax Eraser which is "formulated to easily remove wax and polish residue from textured and smooth surfaces".  It comes in a little shoe polish bottle with a foam applicator on the end.  It may have some different ingredients than what you've tried.

The Intensive Polish you used was the orange stuff?

I spent another 45 min over the weekend using a white pencil eraser followed up by Paint Prep and I got it good enough for now.  

My bad I let it dry but what a disaster.  Everything I read was it wiped off with ONR, so I didn’t think to hurry on removing the wax and that turned into a massive PITA and waste of time. 

Yes the Intensive Polish is orange. It was purchased 9/2019 from the rag company 

• 3 months later...