Sign in to follow this  
Ron@Optimum

Carpet & Fabic Uses

Saw some Facebook posts from pro installers who've used Carpet & Fabric on leather and vinyl with great success, so I decided to test it myself.  Last weekend I was prepping my pontoon for winter storage and cleaning the vinyl seats.  Even though is spends the summer in a covered dock, it gets all manner of spider spots, bird crap, etc and if not cleaned weekly, the spots can bake in.  I've used Power Clean, ONR, and Marine 31, but they all require multiple applications and scrubbing.  Carpet & Fabric worked the best, spray let dwell, rinse off - spots dissolve easily.  Even though it contains protection, we then coated with Protectant Plus for the winter, our SOP.  One caveat - don't spray on metal, it leaves streaks that don't come off easily.  An earlier poster had the same issue with Power Clean, though I've never had that happen.  I haven't tried C&F on leather, but will test that next.

Marine 31!?!?!  Blasphemy!

Kidding aside, Carpet & Fabric Cleaner is great stuff, took some staining out of the carpet around my dead pedal like it had never been there.

I tried Marine 31 for the mildew that collects on pontoons - it worked but not as well as Carpet & Fabric - and I worried about the bleach in it damaging stitching.