Optimum No Rinse or Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer as a Quick Detailer?

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if we can use Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss enhancer as a quick detailer?

Currently, my process is:

- ONR diluted 16:1  as  quick detailer to clean 

- Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer for the finishing touch.

However I think one day I came across someone saying Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss enhancer could also be used as quick detailer, is that true?

Does Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss enhancer offer lubrification properties to protect the pain from swirls the same way ONR does?

Thanks

By any definition, OIDGE IS a QD.

But when you say you are using ONR in the QD dilution to CLEAN...does that mean you are doing a waterless wash?

Quick detailers historically were used for a few purposes...to remove water spots after a conventional wash, to provide gloss/slickness after a wash, or to remove incidental "dirt" like bird bombs or fingerprints.  Quick detailers were not intended as a "wash".

15+ years ago waterless wash products started to appear, and these have kind of blurred the lines with QD's, and some (like me) would argue that waterless washes have made QD's obsolete in their cleaning functions.

But anyway, Optimum Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer (OID or OIDGE) is definitely a quick detailer...but it's not a waterless wash.  Optimum does have a waterless wash, it's called Opti-Clean.

Ron here once said that OID does have cleaners / or polymers in them so it does have some cleaning ability but I wouldnt use it to clean the car myself...

As Setec noted OID IS a what you would call a traditional Quick detailer. I still love using it after an ONR wash to remove polymer spots, water spots and to add gloss and finishing touches but in no way would I use it to wash the car with it. Thats what other products are for like ONR or Opti - clean (a true waterless wash product, even though you dillute it with water in a 1:3 ratio).

I dont know why you wash your car with a 1:64 ratio ONR...If I was you Id make a 1:256 ratio ONR solution in a bucket and a microfiber wash mitt and wash the car with that. After I was done Id follow up with the OID.

I HAVE used Instant Detailer to clean, but only a very lightly soiled car or during pollen season.  Mostly I use it as a spot cleaner or LSP (last step product) for extra bling.  It does have solvents but would be less effective and expensive as an single step cleaner.