New member, just found Optimum products this summer.

HotTunaCartel

Hey all, just found optimum products this summer.  Long story short my 2011 Titan got wrecked by an off duty ambulance June of this year (2022), it was rough, I loved that truck and took a while as it was the hardest time to buy a new vehicle since WWII.   I finally found something and realized I started to love it as much as my Titan.  I ended up with a 2022 Ram classic Warlock.  I really loved the flat black on all vehicle, very similar to how I had my Titan.  Long story short, we have very hard water and was looking for something I can wash with all times of the year.  I came across ONR, then opti-seal and absolutely loved the combo.  Anyway, I'm a total Optimum fan now.  

13 minutes ago, Lowejackson said:

Just ask away

Great thank you.  So I sealed both our vehicles (dry) with Opti-seal (for the winter in the Poconos) and have been washing about every two weeks and using Opti-seal as a drying aid.  I've looked a lot online about how two coats of Opti-seal are really all you need if you wanted to make sure you got everything during the initial application.  My question, if I'm using it as a drying aid every two weeks, am I essentially continually topping it or is does it shed some using it on a wet panel  during washes.   I'm mainly asking because I've read a few threads that said anything over two coats doesn't really help with protection.  

every wash and just exposure to the world (not to mention UV) will wear Opti-Seal.  I believe the 2 coat advice referred to layering during a wash.  You can seal with every wash (I do) with no negatives.  It's hard to use up a bottle of Opti-Seal, use with every wash guarantees protection...and looks good as well.

12 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

every wash and just exposure to the world (not to mention UV) will wear Opti-Seal.  I believe the 2 coat advice referred to layering during a wash.  You can seal with every wash (I do) with no negatives.  It's hard to use up a bottle of Opti-Seal, use with every wash guarantees protection...and looks good as well.

lol I've noticed that it seems to be hard to use up.  I did my truck twice and my gs car and looks like nothing came out of the bottle.  Thanks for the answer, I will keep using it as a drying aid.