Which Version of ONR Are We On?

Watched that video of Dr. G at MTE that was referred to in a dilution thread.  Dr. G stated he started developing ONR in 2005 and it was released in 2006.  He said the formula was revised in 2010, 2012, 2015, and 2021.  That would make the current version V.5.

I've been keeping track, and I thought we were on V.4.  I know I missed the first version (at that time my rinseless washing was restricted to winter and I was using up my QEW), but I bought my first bottle in August 2010 (when it was still in the translucent bottles).  Then I bought a small bottle of V.3 (first version in the transparent bottles) in 2012, and now V.4 in 2021.  Did I miss (and not count) the update in 2015?  Or was that one not publicly announced? 

While we're at it, I counted the 2021 revision of ONRWW to be V.2--is that right?  Now that I'm thinking about it, maybe back in the day (2015?) Chris might have mentioned a tweak to ONR and told the forum that ONRWW was not effected.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/31/2023 at 9:39 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

Setec, sorry I missed this post.  Optimum is currently on version 4 of ONR and version 2 of ONRWW.  There have been tweaks along the way that were not considered reformulations.  FYI, be ready for another announcement soon!

Awesome surprise! ONR version 5!

• 6 months later...

Ok, now I'm confused.  I thought when ONR went to V.5, the Opti-Coat store said it was V.5, unless I'm thinking of Amazon, which does say V.5.  The Opti-Coat store just says "new formula".  But ONRWW also says "new formula", and Ron told us that the V.5 improvements would not be added to ONRWW.  Is the store "new formula" just left over from from 2021 when they were both updated?  Or has ONRWW now been updated to the V.5 base?

Respectfully, I know ONR is at V.5, I'm asking if ONRWW has also been upgraded to that level; as I noted Ron had told us at the V.5 release that ONRWW would not be upgraded, but sometimes Optimum waits until stock is depleted to do these things, and I know ONR is a lot more popular than ONRWW.  Sometimes I think I'm the only one that uses ONRWW, it's a great wash.  Well, I like it.  It's been a long time since I've used anything else, since I bought a big bottle of it.  I'm on the original version, BTW.

1 hour ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Respectfully, I know ONR is at V.5, I'm asking if ONRWW has also been upgraded to that level; as I noted Ron had told us at the V.5 release that ONRWW would not be upgraded, but sometimes Optimum waits until stock is depleted to do these things, and I know ONR is a lot more popular than ONRWW.  Sometimes I think I'm the only one that uses ONRWW, it's a great wash.  Well, I like it.  It's been a long time since I've used anything else, since I bought a big bottle of it.  I'm on the original version, BTW.

Sorry  

Yes i also like onrww  makes a great drying  aid. I mix a little  wax with it in a weed sprayer use this after a onr wash . 

am double checking, but when V5 of ONR was introduces I asked Dr G if he planned an update to Wash & Wax and he said it was already slicker so no need.  OPT tends to leave "New Formula" online and on bottles for a long time, but I don't think Wash & Wax is new formulation.  Setec, I use ONRWW except when testing new products = I like the slickness, even when using wax/sealant as drying aid.