Opti-Trim Restore, Protect

Setec Astronomy

• 8 months later...

Still doesnt do me much good if I cant get the products.... Optimum could prolly make a lot of money if they release a consumer version trim restorer that lasts for several years. Like I said earlier, they practically cover vehicles with that cheap plastic that fades in no time...

I'm sure the reason they don't want a consumer version is because the application is trickier than it appears. As I learned the hard way, with some of the other trim restorer coatings that are available, you apply it and it looks great, but it's easy to apply too thick and you essentially have one giant high spot that isn't apparent for weeks or months. Apparently the wipedown is critical even if it looks like you don't need it.

I have used Solution Finsih and it is a good product but believe it or not a detailer turned me on to the Wipe New Trim Restorer. YEP as seen on tv stuff. Works way better and way cheaper, unreal. I never would have thought.

I have used Solution Finsih and it is a good product but believe it or not a detailer turned me on to the Wipe New Trim Restorer. YEP as seen on tv stuff. Works way better and way cheaper, unreal. I never would have thought.

A member on another forum used it and got good results initially...he never got back as to what the long term result was.

Archived