Car washed with ONRR, some pollen on it next day - what now?

Guest Novagloss

Guest Novagloss

Hello guys,

I did my first ever ONR(WW) wash on my 2 week old car last night. Looks great, and I'm pretty happy with the first result. However, since it's spring, even after just a vfew hours, there is a small amount of pollen on the paintwork again. I am aware that pollen can be abrasive and that it also needs to be removed after not too long, but it is simply not practical to go re-wash the car ever couple of days. I am leaving for a 5 day trip tomorrow and wanted the car to be clean at least for the outbound trip but with packing and work, I can't do the wash again. So, my question - is there a way to remove a very small amount of pollen today without doing a whole new wash? I have OCW too by the way.

Thanks!

VW

consider buying Opti-Clean (waterless wash) or mixing No Rinse in a quick detailer ratio (10 oz to 1 gallon) - makes it easy to do a quick/safe wipe down (works on pollen, bugs, sap, etc), spray on/wipe off.

Guest Novagloss

Thanks Ron. So, simply wipe without pressure and buff? Or pre-soak with sprayer?

Would opticlean and a 10oz/1 gal ONR be the same cleaner? Or is Opti-Clean still safer/better for waterless?

I think ONR seems to have better cleaning abilities but not sure what the official line is. I would suggest ONR is probably slightly easier to use compared to Opticlean. Pre-spraying does make a noticeable difference

Archived