ONR for truck washing

ocejo

I'm looking at picking up a fleet of semi trucks and incorporating ONR. Should I wash with ONR and rinse with DI water and allow to dry alone. Or maybe wash normal and rinse with ONR in rinse water. Any suggestions on the best way to incorporate ONR into the setup.

thanks in advance

Ivan

Interesting question. I have no idea how well ONR would be suited to cleaning a very large vehicle, especially if you wish to air dry or rinse with water. Might be worth a bit of experimentation, I know dried ONR will not create any problems or visual issues however maybe using the Car Wash either in the traditional way or via a snow foam gun would be easier.

Just out of curiosity, have you considered a coating? Might be expensive to apply but for a range of working vehicles who are exposed to the elements a coating might be a good way of protecting the paint and keep it looking good

Just remembered about this video from Yvan which is designed to show the difference between a snow foam and prespray with ONR. However, it does demonstrate ONR being rinsed off rather than manually dried (without the washing phase) and it shows ONR will remove some dirt and is relatively happy with a water rinse.

Interesting question as well. I guess it would come down to how dirty the truck is. Perhaps all you would need is an ONR wash with the big red sponge. If it's really dirty you may need a pre-soak or perhaps a rinse prior to an ONR wash.

Perhaps using opti-seal or optimum car wax as a drying aid to knock everything out in one shot.

Im thinking 3 ways to do this:

1) You could use a snow foam and PW rinse which would remove a lot of dirt and grime and leave it at that. The problem is it wont remove all of the dirt so a hand wash is a must.

2) Hand wash with either ONR or Car wash with filtered water in a full bucket. Chemical guys have a Microfiber Car Wash Mop And Heavy Duty Extendable Pole Kit you could use to wash from the ground. Im thinking that the upper sections are too high to reach so a extendable pole could prove very handy. Dip the mitt in the ONR solution and wash away. That should improve the paint dramatically. Leave it to air dry. It wont be perfect but it will be OK. If you use Car wash you have to PW rinse the suds away. I also suggest using ONR W&W for a bit of protection.

3) A combo of number 1 & 2 so a snow foam and rinse followed by a hand wash.

If you have a chance of drying the truck than use Opti seal as a drying aid. It will add protection making the next wash much easier.

Archived