Glass Coating prep and application

dale.m

I know the instructions state to polish or use opti- eraser for prep, but will ONR and a clay bar/clay towel work followed by paint prep work as well? 

Also, do I need to mask off paint and trim in the surrounding areas  to prevent overlap or can it just be wiped off during the leveling the glass?

If your glass is in good shape then a clay, prep and coat would work fine.  If you have some sort of previous layer of a glass sealant/coating then you would want to polish. 

No need to mask off any surrounding areas.  Spray onto the glass and spread.  If some gets onto another surface a simple wipe off will get it off before it starts to flash and cure.  I would recommend flushing out the sprayer after using the glass coating to prevent the sprayer from getting clogged. 

Guz is correct in no need to mask, but one suggestion - don't spray directly onto glass.  We've found that Opti-Glass begins curing immediately and should be sprayed directly onto the pad and applied at once.  Delay can cause less than satisfactory bonding.

• 1 year later...

I've always assumed that glass cleaners would typically contain at least a small amount of solvents - is that correct? If so, I suggest that the advice not to use solvents for 7 days be included right on the bottle.