Opti-Clean & OCW?

Lowejackson

I'm also curious about doing this. I can't see why it wouldn't work as isn't Opti-Clean basically just a stronger version of ONR?

I've added a small amount of Optimum Car Wax to Instant Detailer and Gloss Enhancer with very good results.

It would be interesting if someone tested and compared mixing:

- 10% Opti-seal to 90% ONR at QD dilution

- 10% OCW to 90% ONR at QD dilution

- 10% OCW to 90% OID

- 10% Opti-seal to 90% OID

- 10% OCW to 90% Opti clean

- 10% Opti-seal to 90% Opti clean

10% is just a reference point...it could be more or less.

I volunteer for the 3 Opti seal mixes! Anyone else wanna have a go?

I am currently without a car but if I can borrow a neighbours car will try with ONR and Optiseal.  Ran out of OID a while ago :(

A&J, on a completely unrelated point, I enjoyed your last video showing the Hyper polishes on the door trim.  No idea what you were saying but the results speak for themselves.  Nice work!

44 minutes ago, Lowejackson said:

A&J, on a completely unrelated point, I enjoyed your last video showing the Hyper polishes on the door trim.  No idea what you were saying but the results speak for themselves.  Nice work!

Thanks B)

I've used the Wax and Instant Detailer combo for many months (at the exact 10% dilution above) and can confirm it works great. My thought process was to use that as a drying aid to maintain a full car wax application every month or so. The only thing I've learnt when using chemicals that have been mixed like this is to shake very well before use. They have a tendency to separate sometimes which can affect the results.

Mixing with Opti-Seal - now there's something I have never thought of! It would be great to get Dr. G's take one this one. 

If I could mix Opti-Seal and Car Wax into some kind of crazy drying aid that would be the ultimate for me. For some reason this doesn't seem like it would work though, but I have absolutely no proof either way...

Archived