OPTIMUM GELCOAT RESTORER

Ron@Optimum

Optimum Gelcoat Restorer (GCR) is engineered to return Gelcoat to its factory finish without the need for polishing. GCR rebuilds the Gelcoat keeping the original thickness and restoring the gloss. GCR will restore your Gelcoat and protect it with its included UV protection.
• Easy to use.
• No polishing required.
• Long term durability.
• Easy to maintain.
Directions:
1. Remove loose oxidation using pure Optimum Power Clean and a brush or mild scuff pad.
2. Rinse the surface thoroughly and dry.
3. Wearing gloves and eye protection, apply GCR to the surface in overlapping circular motions. If the Gelcoat was heavily oxidized, the GCR will soak in. Do not over apply.
4. Once dry to the touch (20-30 minutes), apply a second coat.
5. Depending on the level of oxidation, up to 4 coats may be required.
6. To maintain the restored surface, wash with Optimum No Rinse (ONR) and apply Optimum Car Wax regularly.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Gelcoat Restorer Is it similar to oils that moisturizes dry and with oxidation gealcoat paints? 

or, It is like some RV owner uses the ZEP wax with several coats, making look so nice, but after 1 or 2 years will necessary remove it, because is an extra layer of dry wax and it comes in flakes . So bad and extra job.

thanks for your time, I’m interested for offer a extra service to my clients 

1 hour ago, Ultimate Shine said:

Gelcoat Restorer Is it similar to oils that moisturizes dry and with oxidation gealcoat paints? 

No, it's not like that at all, it's some sort of thin acrylic product that soaks in and dries hard.  Seems water soluble before it cures, as it rinsed out fine from a foam applicator I used.

10 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

No, it's not like that at all, it's some sort of thin acrylic product that soaks in and dries hard.  Seems water soluble before it cures, as it rinsed out fine from a foam applicator I used.

Thanks Setec Astronomy, and what about after 1 or 2 years from be applied, this kind of acrilic become dry and begin to coming out in flakes? Would need to be wet sand or compound to removed it, if it is not more in good shape? What is the natural step for maintenance of this product after applied.

thanks again

10 hours ago, Ultimate Shine said:

Thanks Setec Astronomy, and what about after 1 or 2 years from be applied, this kind of acrilic become dry and begin to coming out in flakes? Would need to be wet sand or compound to removed it, if it is not more in good shape? What is the natural step for maintenance of this product after applied.

The idea (I believe) is it soaks into the porous structure of the oxidized gelcoat, so no, I don't think it will flake off, but I don't know what will happen to it in 2 years.  The directions are in the first post of the thread.