Opti-Seal V2.0

Catastrofe

The last year or so has seen a lot of new protection products brought to market, mostly ceramic based.  You can’t look at Facebook without getting bombarded by ads for F11, The Last Coat, etc.  For the record, I’ve found the latest version of TLC to be outstanding. 

Does Optimum have any plans to “improve” Opti-Seal?  I know, I know, if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, but surely technology (and chemistry) have advanced since the current version of OS was introduced...

Optimum does not announce minor improvements in products, only major changes.  There is a more technically advanced sealant from Optimum, Opti-Coat Hyper Seal.  Hyper Seal was formulated for ceramic coatings, but provides improved performance on all surfaces.  Hyper Seal is available at the online store at opticoat.com under the Maintenance tab.

Unfortunate I have moved on from Opti seal. At least once I’m done with the bottle I have. I am in the turtle wax ice seal and shine crowd now after viewing how good it is.

it is the next best thing to actual coating.

i am however continuing use of optimum car wax for now because of claimed UV protection which is needed for cars that haven’t been Opti coated 

3 hours ago, Kiddetailer said:

Unfortunate I have moved on from Opti seal. At least once I’m done with the bottle I have. I am in the turtle wax ice seal and shine crowd now after viewing how good it is.

it is the next best thing to actual coating.

i am however continuing use of optimum car wax for now because of claimed UV protection which is needed for cars that haven’t been Opti coated 

That’s kinda’ what prompted me to start this thread.  I’ve used the Ice product and it’s great...much more durable than Opti-Seal. The Last Coat performs as well as Ice, and can be applied in the sun. 

I love Optimum products (my wife’s Mini has a full Opti Coat Pro Plus coat, and I wash exclusively with ONR),  but my concern is that Optimum is being “left behind”.  Granted, other companies seem to spend a lot more time and money on marketing....

• 2 months later...

I also like Opti Seal for its versatility

Great as a WOWA sealant

Great as a drying aid

Can be used to dress interior trim

Can be used to dress leather seats

Can be used to clean stubborn interior glass

I used some of TW's newer products and they are great. The durability feature never appeals to me much because I wash my cars weekly and use OS as a drying aid each week.

• 1 month later...

The important part about protection for me is whether something sticks to the paint easier/harder. 

I want my protection to make it so that grime doesn't stick to it. I don't however have had good experience with Opti seal being able to perform well in this area. 

On other hand, I am getting my new car i bought recently with Opti Coat pro +. Daily driver has base coat of Turtle Wax Ice Seal/shine, and topped with Optimum car wax during maintenance washes. 

Hi I just did a decamination  wash

This car has been gloss coated and has opti seal and optimum car wax on it as well as some optimum detailer I striped it all off right down to the gloss coat  using mdr power clean and ferex  so I then used hyperseal  to see the full effect . Out standing mirror shine  it rained  hard the next day at night the car  just sitting in drive better  water just flew of car .  I also put a coat of optimum spray wax  on after the hyperseal   in my opinion  I think the car looks and is more protected then all of the other products I have used  its easy  to use but the best thing is all these products  can work together next wash i will use some of optimums detailer to see what that looks like a bit wetter look I think   you just cant go wrong with these products getting some crazy  chemical  reaction with different commpanys formulas .  Then theres onr another great product