Rinsing Off ONRWW

gmr19

I wanted to get Optimum's opinion on this topic as I haven't been able to find much online. 

What about rinsing off a car washed with ONR according to the directions with distilled water from a handheld pressure washer? I'm only considering this because I figure the less you touch and wipe the paint the less marring you'll inflict over time.  

Does this affect the way ONRWW works and protects the paint? Do you see any issues with this method other than the ONRWW drying on the paint before I can rinse it off?

ONR/ONRWW are both the lubricant when drying. If you rinse them off with water that lubrication is now gone and you’ve increased the chances of marring if drying via a towel. IF you are worried about ONRWW drying on the paint then do smaller sections. Wash hood(or half hood) then dry hood. Wash quarter panel then dry corner panel. The product is what deters the marring.

You completely missed the point of my post. I'm asking about rinsing the ONR off with distilled water so that it won't leave spots when it evaporates. The theory is that drying with a towel is no longer needed so there is no risk of scratching the clear coat. 

It doesn't sound like you plan to agitate ONR, just spray on then rinse off? I also doubt you can rinse all the solution off - I've tried drying with a leaf blower and there is always some ONR left behind that can streak or leave water spots.  Minimal touching is a worthy goal, but not sure this will clean your car well.  Also, rinsing with ONR seems to eliminate the benefit of rinseless washing?

On 10/30/2023 at 9:17 AM, gmr19 said:

You completely missed the point of my post. I'm asking about rinsing the ONR off with distilled water so that it won't leave spots when it evaporates. The theory is that drying with a towel is no longer needed so there is no risk of scratching the clear coat. 

Buy rinsing off onr you are defeating  the hole purpose of this product the idea is to  dry the car with onr on the paint  to stop from scratching  the paint and the protection of the onr  .

You can use a drying aid like optimum spray wax ,hyperseal, that's what  I do . Even with out a drying aid I have not put a scratch in my  car in 6 years of using these  products. My car is glosscoat I strongly recommend  it. 

I also want to save time by not drying the car and it's also my least favorite part of the process. I'd like to just spray it down with distilled water and be done with it lol. I plan to try it this weekend.  I did my wheels and tires this way and it seemed to work well.

I support your experimentation, but I fear you will be disappointed.  Wheels and tires are a lot more tolerant of not being dried; it's very difficult to get enough DI water on the car to prevent spotting of some sort.  I'm not sure what your current process is, but most of us wash a panel at a time and then towel dry immediately afterward.  I also become frustrated (in my old age) with the time required to wash the car, but I wouldn't identify drying as taking the most time,  I think it's the rinsing of the wash media.

I remember drying   before  glosscoating .  it was a big  job  two or  three soaked towels. Now it's one waffle weave towel to dry with a drying  aid . When doing my contact wash  i really soak the car with a microfiber  wash mitt in onr splashing it every wear ( keeping  my practice of using lots of product  lol) the extra onr just rolls of the car theres really nothing left to dry now I can use this saved time to use more products and lots of it . My list of drying aids are wax ,hyperseal, and now I will be using  instant detailer and ultra ceramic wax every other wash. Applying glosscoat is alot of work but its wort it washing the car is easier  and a glossy shine    A onr wash on top of  glosscoat is almost  scratch proof    hope this helps. 

10 hours ago, Habs said:

I remember drying   before  glosscoating .  it was a big  job  two or  three soaked towels. Now it's one waffle weave towel to dry with a drying  aid . When doing my contact wash  i really soak the car with a microfiber  wash mitt in onr splashing it every wear ( keeping  my practice of using lots of product  lol) the extra onr just rolls of the car theres really nothing left to dry now I can use this saved time to use more products and lots of it . My list of drying aids are wax ,hyperseal, and now I will be using  instant detailer and ultra ceramic wax every other wash. Applying glosscoat is alot of work but its wort it washing the car is easier  and a glossy shine    A onr wash on top of  glosscoat is almost  scratch proof    hope this helps. 

After using the "pro" coatings at work, and even some of the "consumer" grade glass bottle coatings, Gloss Coat is a walk in the park!

It's all I use. 

I love Instant Detailer as a drying aide too!

in general coatings can be layered, but not sure mixing products will work.  Gloss-Coat is easy to polish off and I'd guess UK 3.0 would be too, specially because it's past it's shelf life.  I'd think 1 pass with Hyper Polish and your good to go.