Can I use rainX on top of the glass pro coating?

Justin

On my front window I have opti glass pro coating and on all other windows I have option pro plus.

My question can I use rain X on top of the without an issue?  I feel like it beeds water better but the coatings are absolutely amazing for cleaning and protecting the window!

I use rainX on another older car I have and I never have to use the wipers, ever.  I find with the glass pro coating I still have to use the wipers some

Im also open to other options as well

The best maintenance product to use on top of opti glass pro  (or non pro glass coating) is Optimum Glass Clean and Protect.  I would definitely stay away from putting Rain X on top of the Optimum glass coating on the windshield as it is more of wax type product that could impact clarity which is critical for the windshield. For the other windows with opti coat pro plus (ceramic coating) you could try Optimum Glass Clean and Protect but toppers for ceramic coatings may be most compatible.  Opti-Seal may be best as it is also extremely good for interior of windows (note do not use Optimum Glass Clean and Protect on interior as it can cause condensation issues).  

2 hours ago, Detail Mutant said:

The best maintenance product to use on top of opti glass pro  (or non pro glass coating) is Optimum Glass Clean and Protect.  I would definitely stay away from putting Rain X on top of the Optimum glass coating on the windshield as it is more of wax type product that could impact clarity which is critical for the windshield. For the other windows with opti coat pro plus (ceramic coating) you could try Optimum Glass Clean and Protect but toppers for ceramic coatings may be most compatible.  Opti-Seal may be best as it is also extremely good for interior of windows (note do not use Optimum Glass Clean and Protect on interior as it can cause condensation issues).  

I will try opti seal and see how it is.  

as for the front window I already use the Option Glass Clean and protect 

• 6 months later...

Am curious how Opti Glass Pro compares to the 2-part glass coatings from Glassparency and Crystal Fusion.  The 2-parters claim their first coat smooths the glass, improving the 2nd coat's bonding and protection.    Are the final results between those different coatings pretty much the same (a silicon carbide layer on glass ) ?

Also,  how does Optimum Glass clean and Protect 's protection differ from Opti-Pro Hyperseal  ?

Can't speak to Glassparency or Crystal Fusion, but Glass Clean & Protect and Hyper Seal have different purposes.  Clean & Protect is a cleaner and has Sio2 components that allow it to bond to Opti-Glass, adding to Opti-Glass durability.  Hyper Seal will also bond, but does not clean.  They should have similar durability.

On 2/19/2021 at 7:51 AM, Mr.Outback said:

Am curious how Opti Glass Pro compares to the 2-part glass coatings from Glassparency and Crystal Fusion.  The 2-parters claim their first coat smooths the glass, improving the 2nd coat's bonding and protection.    Are the final results between those different coatings pretty much the same (a silicon carbide layer on glass ) ?

Also,  how does Optimum Glass clean and Protect 's protection differ from Opti-Pro Hyperseal  ?

Glassparency is not that great.  More hype then anything.  Needs constant maintenance every 3 months.  I polished it off after trying it.  OptiGlass is a better product compared to Glassparency.  

On 2/20/2021 at 7:59 PM, The Guz said:

Glassparency is not that great.  More hype then anything.  Needs constant maintenance every 3 months.  I polished it off after trying it.  OptiGlass is a better product compared to Glassparency.  

Is Opti-Glass similar to Opti-Coat Pro in that it contains silicon carbide?   I think my detailer applied Opti-Glass to my vehicle's side windows as part of the Pro+ application (windshield remains Glassparency coated).

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

I strongly suspect no coating will bond to another companies coating.

Good to know.  FYI it turns out that Glassparency is a spin-off from Crystal Fusion (Crystal Fusion was first)....formulas of both products are slightly different.