Hyper-Seal

KIS76@

I'm currently using Opti-Seal and really like it.  Ease of use is fantastic and the gloss is excellent.  What would I gain by using Hyper-Seal?  How is the durability and water behavior compared to Opti?  What is the "general" durability range with Hyper-Seal?  It appears Hyper-Seal is similar to other lite coating products like Cancoat.  

Thanks!

Hyper Seal has greater durability, particularly on ceramic coated vehicles (1 year+).  Ease of application is the same as OS, gloss/slickness/hydrophobics seem to be a matter of opinion...It is harder and more chemically resistant than OS (per Dr G).  Hyper Seal is being compared to light ceramic coatings with many of the same performance characteristics. 

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered Hyper-Seal.   My process to apply is the following:

Pre spray car with OPC (will not let dry obviously) to remove contaminants and existing sealant.

Wash car 

Clay

Light polish by hand

Apply HS using micro fiber applicator pad similar to how OS is applied using circular motions. 

Does that sound sufficient to ensure proper bonding?

So I ended up applying it by foam applicator first.  Second layer was with mf towel.  Major difference.  I think foam is the wrong tool for this product.  Came out great and is very easy to use,  much more so with mf towel/applicator.  

Thanks, yeah it's much better applying it with a mf.  

Really impressed with it.  The fact that it contains Sio2 AND SIC, can be applied in direct sun (which I normally don't do but wanted to try it and it worked perfectly), and used as a drying aid is impressive.  

I prefer the foam applicator when applying Hyper Seal.  Basically I apply it like I'm applying Pro/Pro+ coatings.  I've tried both and depending on the type of microfiber pad that you are using, you tend to use more product.  With Hyper Seal, a little goes a long way.  Also with a foam pad, you can get into the tight areas (as the foam with compress a lot) versus trying to fit a microfiber pad in tight areas.   

• 1 month later...

I did a decon wash (power clean, ferrex + clay, MDR, and ONR wash) and put on hyper seal afterwards. Going forward, for maintenance washes, is it a good idea to use opti-seal as a drying aid for an ONR wash? I think opti-seal is a much easier to use drying aid. Will it still leave some protection with hyper seal underneath it or should I stick to using hyper seal only as a drying aid now? I plan to use hyper seal after a decon wash (once in spring after harsh winter, and once in fall before winter starts).

if you use Opti-Seal as a drying aid (meaning frequently) and it's easier to use, then that's the way to go.  Hyper Seal is harder (OS not a hard coating), and much more durable, they both are hydrophobic and provide UV protection.  Using Hyper Seal twice per year and Opti-Seal for washes will leave you with great protection!

• 6 months later...
On 10/3/2021 at 3:18 PM, KIS76@ said:

So I ended up applying it by foam applicator first.  Second layer was with mf towel.  Major difference.  I think foam is the wrong tool for this product.  Came out great and is very easy to use,  much more so with mf towel/applicator.  

Applied like Opti-Seal or Gloss Coat with a foam applicator, works much better for me than the microfiber towel.