ONR Polymers?

KIS76@

I think one thing unique to ONR is if you’re using the rest of the optimum line up, it’s polymers are compatible so as not to cause durability concerns when used before coating a car or using optiseal/Hyperseal. Other rinseless washes are an unknown in this regard. For that reason, it’s enough to have me stick with ONR at least for prepping for an LSP.

Great points.  I too read about the zwitterionic properties which appear to make ONR unique.

The guy from The Forensic Detailing Channel found ONR to scratch LESS than all the other brands, which I thought was interesting.  I like the compatibility with OPT  products.

Some do not like that ONR leaves polymers behind though because they feel it can mask or change the water behavior of the existing LSP on the vehicle.  

I have tried various rinseless washes and liked them all.  If ONR was suddenly discontinued then I would be content to use any of them.  However, I did not feel compelled to swap ONR for any of the other products.  Maybe as the market grows and the products improve perhaps that will change but for now, I am happy with ONR.

I'm often asked about the polymers "left behind" and how they may affect various toppings.  I've heard rumors that some LSP's don't have the same shine, hydrophobics, durability, etc on ONR, but have no practical experience since I don't test them.  As has been mentioned many times, Optimum products are formulated to work seamlessly together, and if some other brand doesn't, well that's easily/painlessly corrected.  Optimum feels no need to defend it's products. 

On 9/28/2021 at 10:13 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

I'm often asked about the polymers "left behind" and how they may affect various toppings.  I've heard rumors that some LSP's don't have the same shine, hydrophobics, durability, etc on ONR, but have no practical experience since I don't test them.  As has been mentioned many times, Optimum products are formulated to work seamlessly together, and if some other brand doesn't, well that's easily/painlessly corrected.  Optimum feels no need to defend it's products. 

I can’t remember what video it was, but there has been independent testing showing the polymers of ONR when used with other companies popular protections don’t degrade it enough to even be able to tell unless you plan on applying 5 different LSPs to your car for testing and internet points.