Best Applicator for Opti-Bond Tire Gel?

dc52nv

Ive seen some detailers use a heat gun to "burn in" the tyre dressing (mostly seen this method with Gyeon and carpro products) into the tyre and aparantly it lasts longer...now Ive never tried this but some of you might have. Does it work and does it work with Optibond?

On 11/30/2018 at 11:32 AM, A&J said:

Ive seen some detailers use a heat gun to "burn in" the tyre dressing (mostly seen this method with Gyeon and carpro products) into the tyre and aparantly it lasts longer...now Ive never tried this but some of you might have. Does it work and does it work with Optibond?

A&J, do you mean using a heat gun before or after the dressing is applied?

After...its suppose to "bake it " on and help with durability...Ive read more about this method and the author later admited he didnt see any difference in durability if he applied it the "normal" way or with the heat gun...so I guess it doesnt matter.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I use Opti-bond at a 1:1 ratio in a spray bottle. Once it’s sprayed on the tire, I use a paintbrush from the dollar store to spread it over the tire. It’s been a great tool as it spreads the product evenly over a bunch of different tire sizes and allows me to hit that spot where the tire folds into the wheel.