Does Opti-Seal prevent Optimum Car Wax's UV Protection from working?

Millefune

I've heard and read that Optimum Car Wax is one of the only products out there that will help the clear-coat prevent and resist UV damage by refreshing and having the UV protectants actually go into the clear-coat. That is the main selling point for me.

Opti-Seal's product information says that Opti-Seal is supposed to be used as a base coat before Optimum Car Wax. But if Opti-Seal is supposed to seal off and protect the paint from water, dirt, and chemicals... won't it prevent the UV protectants from Optimum Car Wax getting into the clear-coat?

• 8 months later...

Also, what does OPT recommend for the time-delay between Opti-Seal and Optimum Car Wax? I've seen some videos of Yvan claying a car with Car Wax and ONR on the surface, then used Opti-seal as a drying aid, meanimg; no time-delay.

I would like to know if it's a good idea to use both Opti-seal and OCW as a drying aid at the same time during a ONRWS wash, and what this would achieve.

This could be a nice extra for customers, without costing any extra time for the operator and without sacrificing Wax. It would be a bit more difficuilt to sell Opti-seal as a replacement for the wax, instead of being an addition.

Hope I made myself clear.

Onr is a drying aid all by itself. All of opt products work together in perfect harmony. Opti seal finds its way down into the clear even if ocw is present. You can use Opti seal and ocw together and offer it as such to your customers as a value added service. As in, using them together as a selling point. That is a really good idea.

15 hours ago, Heijneker said:

Also, what does OPT recommend for the time-delay between Opti-Seal and Optimum Car Wax? I've seen some videos of Yvan claying a car with Car Wax and ONR on the surface, then used Opti-seal as a drying aid, meanimg; no time-delay.

I would like to know if it's a good idea to use both Opti-seal and OCW as a drying aid at the same time during a ONRWS wash, and what this would achieve.

This could be a nice extra for customers, without costing any extra time for the operator and without sacrificing Wax. It would be a bit more difficuilt to sell Opti-seal as a replacement for the wax, instead of being an addition.

Hope I made myself clear.

Use both or either one, it is entirely up to you

8 hours ago, Lowejackson said:

Use both or either one, it is entirely up to you

It is, I'm just wondering if somehow, one doesn't cancel out the other if not cured properly first. I.e. applied at the same time. And what would be the benefit if they would be applied at the same time.

neither product requires "curing", they can be used together and the order of application should not affect results (though most pro detailers apply Opti-Seal after Wax).  When Opti-Seal was first introduced, some suggested waiting anywhere from 1 hour to 24 hours before applying another coat OR wax, but experience has shown that's not necessary.