Why am I only now hearing about Opti-Coat Hyper Seal?

paulgyro

I was surprised to find this product.   The only reason I know it exists is seeing a few people talk about it here in the forum.  

Is there a podcast episode where it is talked about?

When did this product come out?

Why don't other Optimum dealers like The Rag Company and Autogeek carry this?

How does it compare to Opti Seal? 

Can I replace Opti Seal with Hyper Seal in my workflow?

I'd like to get more info on it.  There is almost nothing about it on the Opti-Seal website.

Sorry for all the questions.  Seem like there are multiple other newer Opti-Seal products with nice label and such that I'm just hearing about.

Paul

Maybe you have been living under a rock for this entire time😂

Hyper seal is a part of Opti-coat line of products as a spray SiO2 sealant. Its suppose to be a bit harder (streakier) to apply due to SiO2 but lasts longer and gives better water beading then opti seal.

Unfortunately thats all I know...I would love to buy it but the opti coat line is not available here in my country so others will have to share some insight.

It's also available from the online store at opticoat.com, under the Maintenance tab.  Have to admit I was skeptical about Hyper Seal, being an Opti-Seal fanboy, but once I used it I was sold.  I have Coated and uncoated cars and find it works well on both.  It's seems more durable, slicker, and with more gloss (but it's hard to define those things).  One lesson, I was using too much which created streaking and slow cure.  The trigger pull on the bottle was the culprit, so I transferred it into an old Opti-Seal bottle and problem solved.

The Opti-Coat line has been out for over a year.  Opti-Coat was formulated for ceramic coatings and is sold by Optimum's Pro Installers.  Because it's considered a private label, Optimum does not market it and car care distributors/Amazon can not buy it.  There are Hyper Seal videos on youtube and posts on this Forum under Opti-Seal.

17 hours ago, paulgyro said:

Can I replace Opti Seal with Hyper Seal in my workflow?

Why no forum dedicated to Hyper Seal? 

Are you a pro detailer or just a hobbyist?  As has been kind of explained, the Opti-Coat Maintenance line is sold only through Opti-Coat installers.  I believe this is a way for the installer to be able to sell a little more, to increase the likelihood of customer satisfaction with the coating, and to keep the customer in more frequent touch with the installer, for the two aforementioned purposes.  And as Ron mentioned, these products are sold at the Opti-Coat website (I presume for customers who traveled a long way for their Opti-Coat install and don't want to go back for car wash).

The Maintenance line is more pricey and is packaged in a more boutique way than the workhorse, no-nonsense, everyday Optimum products.

You are both right - Opti-Coat is an opportunity for Pro Installers to offer a proprietary label with superior quality.  It's both a profit opportunity and to create buyer loyalty.  Some of the Opti-Coat products are clearly better (on Coated and uncoated vehicles).  Not all Pro Installers will carry/sell the Opti-Coat line, that's why it's available directly from Optimum. 

• 1 month later...

My question as a car owner and not a pro, is this; "Is Opti-Coat seal more in line with being used as a drying agent because of its shorter durability, which means it is used primarily for the bi-weekly washing?"   Second question: "If that is the case, then we are to use the Hyper seal for the bi-monthly or quarterly washing which I see as a more intense washing that is primarily designed to refresh the sacrificial layer covering the Opti-Coat Pro Plus?"    There is so little information on the Optimum site.  I get it because of liability issues if products are given time frames for durability, but on the other hand, I really believe it is critical to give your customers more concrete guidance on how to take care of their multi-thousand dollar investment they made when having the product put on.  

Thank you,

Kyle Marx

There is no Opti-Coat Seal, only Optimum Opti-Seal and Opti-Coat Hyper Seal.  Both products will last months on normal clear coat.   Opti-Seal is much less durable on ceramic coatings.  We recommend Hyper Seal on Opti-Coat Pro Plus because it's formulated with some of the same components and has greater durability.  Whether you use as a drying aid or stand alone product...and how often...is your call.  Optimum provides the best guidance it can given the multitude of variables.

Ron, thanks.  I just need to clarify a few things.  I have Opti Coat Pro Plus on my car.  Opti Seal and Hyper both have Si02, is that right? 

My understanding is that Opti coat pro plus will literally she'd other coatings with Si02 within 30 days; is that right or wrong.  

In your message it sounds as though you are saying that both Opti-Seal and Opti-Hyper seal will last longer than 30 days on Pro Plus.  

Looking forward to your response and knowledge.  

Thank you,

Kyle Marx