ONR 'Trick' on Interior Surfaces

Hey all!

I may have found a 'trick' to save some time when doing interiors; On my own car this works great, but haven't tried it on other cars yet. Maybe worth a try for other people.

The 'trick' is to use the Big Red Sponge on the interior!

Wring it  out completely and wipe all the surfaces. This works great on the vents and is easy to get into all the nooks and crannies. The slits in the sponge ensure perfect conforming of the sponge to the surface. It's also easier to use than a towel. I would finish with Protectant Plus as a 'Drying aid' and wipe dry.

It's also easier to use than a damp MF towel since it's more comfortable to hold. I find sponges work better on mud stains on plastics compared to towels, so that's great too. However you do need to follow it up with a towel wipe, since it leaves droplets of ONR. Instead with an ONR damp towel, you don't need to dry plastic surfaces.

On a side note: ONR is the best window cleaner as well. I like to use the towel I dried the car with (The Rag Company double twistress) followed by a high quality waffle weave towel. I have never gotten glass this clean so fast and easy.

I've used a version of this for years - after I finish drying the paint I use my that towel (Opti-Coat Ultimate Drying Towel) that is damp with ONR to wipe down my interior (leather vinyl, plastic, glass).  my interiors rarely require more cleaning than that.  I then use Protectant Plus more for it's coating/conditioning/protection than to clean.  I frequently use ONR for all glass (including in my home), may not be the best but is effective, fast, and safe. 

• 1 year later...

@Ron@OptimumThe idea of using a saturated drying towel after a wash is genius. But....

I was wondering, that drying towel can have a fair amount of dirt in it from washing the vehicle. Wouldn't you be dragging a dirty towel over your interior? I really want to try this, but my paranoia is wondering....

Thanks!

18 minutes ago, batsai said:

@Ron@OptimumThe idea of using a saturated drying towel after a wash is genius. But....

I was wondering, that drying towel can have a fair amount of dirt in it from washing the vehicle. Wouldn't you be dragging a dirty towel over your interior? I really want to try this, but my paranoia is wondering....

Thanks!

Ron meant you use a seperate and CLEAN  mf ONR dampened towel...lol...😜

Besides you dont wipe off a dirty car because you clean the car with ONR and a sponge / mitt or whatever...the car should already be clean before you go on and dry it with a mf towel.

Not exactly, A&J, I use the same drying towel, but (1) it should only have light dirt or I haven't cleaned the paint well enough, (2) towel is large enough to find the clean areas, and (3) minimal dirt on the towel will not damage interior leather/vinyl like it can clear coat.