NEW PRODUCTS - 2023

Ron@Optimum

New Optimum products announced today at SEMA -

Optimum Interior Cleaner

Optimum Interior Protectant

Optimum Waterless Wash & Shine

Optimum Power Wheel & Tire Cleaner

Each is ready to use and has specific uses versus more generic Optimum products.  Interior Cleaner is a much stronger cleaner and the Protectant more durable than Protectant Plus.  Waterless is a growing market and Opti-Clean wasn't clearly aimed at that segment (many had no idea what it was).  Wheel & Tire is specifically targeted for wheels/tires.  These products are due to feedback from Amazon and sales numbers - most Optimum products could be diluted for multiple purposes, but today's customers want simplicity and no mixing.

https://www.facebook.com/opticarcare?__cft__[0]=AZUfEvMxEbOt7QOwsfI-vlrCHo3RYFS6R8ji5rojbsnodm0rB_g6QrFQWaFg1F3rW81_GIqyWJCVFlmEBLiO4A3ydnSCj_hwSKkBa1dQT7tsKC2WZdkzkHdDmtN3bwnsKiGaC9wYWGp9ODTH6ruutJ3_3Wq0B7W7XydyocMOskJHX46kwYH0s2ypWRFNu0eAsfKvOsv3BEMpDbY9IXXHb0Ws&__tn__=-UC%2CP-y-R

Exciting!!! Looking really good, Dr. G. looking healthy and happy!

Already have and LOVE HC5, gonna try with the orange pad, only used wool. 

Very curious about the Wheel & Tire Cleaner. Would love to give that a try. Currently use acid.... oops....

Yes for interior Protectant!!! LOVE Protectant Plus, so can't wait to try this. Need to use op two gallons of PP first haha....

Already have the new ONR, but have yet to try it. For sure is gonna be great. Nothing beats ONR + good towels with quick and easy crystalclear  glass cleaning.

Hope the Cordless Polishers come to Europe! My Zentools are due for a replacement. Buttttt, the Rupes' lookibg seeeeexyyyyyyy

Nice!!!!

Following up on what dlc95 asked, it's really unclear to me how these products fit into the line.  In the TRC video that JoseG posted, Dr. G states these are RTU and available in 17oz and gallon sizes.

Are these targeted more as consumer/retail products rather than professional/enthusiast?

Does the waterless wash product replace Opti-Clean?

Does the wheel and tire cleaner, other than the foaming properties, improve on OPC as far as wheel or tire cleaning?

I have many of the same questions as you but will have to wait until Dr G gets back from Vegas. As mentioned above, I believe these products came from Amazon feedback, so in that sense they may be more retail oriented.  I don't know how they will impact existing products, but do see that they simplify the process - limited mixing/diluting and more direct description of their purpose.  Interior cleaner is stronger than Protectant Plus, but has less long term coating.  Wheel & Tire foams better than Power Clean, and is more specific formula for tires/wheels.  Waterless No Rinse is slicker with better UV but less long term protection.  Interior Protect is more durable (5-6 months) with added UV and dust repellant. 

Some additional comments on products introduced in the past year - Hyper Compound is OPTs most aggressive but finishes better without requiring Hyper Polish followup. For a jeweled finish, Hyper Polish is still required.  Ultra Ceramic Seal is much slicker and has tighter beads than Opti-Seal/Hyper Seal (important to some).   I had proof driving in monsoon-like rain Sunday in an Ultra coated car, the water beaded great and in tight little buggers.                                                              

What happened to the new machines?  Wasn't this the last "regular" day of the show?  Didn't they add the Friday so "civilians" could come?  I imagine some of the exhibitors bail tonight and aren't there on Friday, so today was kind of the last day for product intros, from my way of looking at it.

44 minutes ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Was that in the TRC "interview"?  If so I must have missed it or zoned it, thanks.  I'm sure the price point is going to be better than the new Rupes 15 and 21 iBrids.

Yep!

Go to 1:06:00 or so on the day 1 video.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:55 AM, Setec Astronomy said:

Does the waterless wash product replace Opti-Clean?

Dr. G didn't specify but he did say that the new Waterless Wash is slicker than Opti-Clean and leaves behind some UV protection.

I hope they don't discontinue Opti-Clean as I prefer a pure Waterless that leaves no-to-minimal residue behind.

10 minutes ago, P M D said:

Dr. G didn't specify but he did say that the new Waterless Wash is slicker than Opti-Clean and leaves behind some UV protection.

I hope they don't discontinue Opti-Clean as I prefer a pure Waterless that leaves no-to-minimal residue behind.

Well, Opti-Clean is supposed to leave a lot behind, protection that builds up (as noted in a video with Mike Phillips and Dr. G at the time it was introduced many years ago).  Dr. G also talks about the "protection" from ONR building up over time, and the TRC crew discusses that after they leave the Optimum booth, about leaving something behind, and leaving something behind that interferes with other things.  I guess this is never going to end, like the fuss when Meguiar's dropped the D114 rinseless and there was a huge clamor for another rinseless that "left nothing behind".  I am a little concerned with the splintering of the Optimum lineup to apparently serve many voices; I'm not sure the Amazon crowd is who I would be listening to, but I guess good for Dr. G if he thinks he can capitalize on it.