Power Clean Purposes and Dilution Ratios

buja

To date, I have been so impressed with my gallon of Power Clean. So many uses and economical !

I thought it would be a good idea to have this thread up here, to let others know about the multi purposes of Power Clean and how to dilute them properly.

Many thanks to IntegrityDetail, and this is what he has posted on other threads,

so here we go,

Engine and jambs 1:1,

Wheels-tires-wells 3:1,

Presoak 5:1,

Interior surfaces 10:1,

Carpet TLC and light stains 20:1

Please feel free to post up if you guys come across other uses of Power Clean, and how much dilution ratio.

One thing I have been thinking is whether it can be used as a window cleaner ? maybe dilute at 20:1 ? Anyone tried it on windows before ?

• 6 months later...
To date, I have been so impressed with my gallon of Power Clean. So many uses and economical !

I thought it would be a good idea to have this thread up here, to let others know about the multi purposes of Power Clean and how to dilute them properly.

Many thanks to IntegrityDetail, and this is what he has posted on other threads,

so here we go,

Please feel free to post up if you guys come across other uses of Power Clean, and how much dilution ratio.

One thing I have been thinking is whether it can be used as a window cleaner ? maybe dilute at 20:1 ? Anyone tried it on windows before ?

Can Power Clean be used on tires at full strength? Any precautions? At 1:3 it seems to have a imiliar cleaning ability as Meg's APC 1:4 but I need to get some brown of tires but it is not coming off with PC and a stiff brush. I am not letting it soak more than 30 secs.

• 8 years later...
On 10/6/2008 at 3:42 PM, buja said:

so here we go,

Hey Buja,

Are you referring to pre-soak for Rinseless Wash method?

Thanks...

• 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...
On 4/20/2009 at 11:55 AM, Bunky said:

Can Power Clean be used on tires at full strength? Any precautions? At 1:3 it seems to have a imiliar cleaning ability as Meg's APC 1:4 but I need to get some brown of tires but it is not coming off with PC and a stiff brush. I am not letting it soak more than 30 secs.

Power clean at full strength is the preferred method for removing the brown from the tires. You may have to repeat the process more than once to get all of it.

I like to keep it simple

I've used Power Clean in foamers and sprayers across all different dilutions

For someone who just cleans his personal cars, I found I like Power Clean diluted 1:3 in a spray bottle. Great for maintenance cleaning of tires and wheels. I use it as spot treatment for stubborn bugs and tar. I almost never have to use it on the interior of my own vehicle but I quite frequently use it on my wife's child carseats. Impressed that Power Clean can get out two year old food/liquid stains out of our gnarly child carseats.

It still amazes me, I haven't found anything that is as effective or as slick as getting rid of tar/bugs on paint as Power Clean.

• 1 year later...

All PH is not the same, OPC is not $8 per gallon boat wash, so I don’t worry about it stripping waxes or sealants.

but my comment/question is this: when I spray OPC at 1:3 on my tractor I see the dirt running down with zero agitation!.

it lifts the dirt off the panel and redeposits it a few inches down, weird

Looking for reviews from anyone using OPC as an ONR presoak/power rinse at say 5%.

Thanks

I sprayed my car with 8oz of OPC mixed in a gallon of water today. 

I rinsed  it with a worx hydroshot cordless and the dirt came off easy. Had I used my pressure washer, the car would have been almost spotless. 
it’s an effective way to make a contact wash safer.

when comparing Power Clean to ONR (or any car wash product), understand that it dissolves dirt/contaminates while OPT washes encapsulate them, to be whisked off.  I would not use PC for windows unless deep cleaning, not only can it etch, but it leaves a residue that requires rinsing. And yes, it will remove wax/sealant, though Hyper Seal is robust and would require several applications of PC.

Car has a cheap Amazon coating, with Hyper Seal V2, and about 4-5 other waxes or sealants on top of that.

I don’t know if PC stripped or not, I just washed it with ONR after the PC pre wash, and the car looked fantastic.

my point was I don’t have to buy another product to do a touchless wash, and once again Optimum made it simple for me.