NEW FORMULA HYPER SEAL

Ron@Optimum

Thanks guys. I have an inch of Opti-Seal remaining, so I will use that bottle when it is finished. I worked on the Mazda this evening and noticed that placing the pointer and middle fingers on the trigger directly under the nozzle and a quick pull yields a mist most times. 

On 7/13/2023 at 10:01 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

agree with Kidde and have suggested transferring Hyper Seal into Opti-Seal bottle.  The HS trigger pull sprays more product than is needed IMO.  I've asked Dr G to review that bottle and spray head.

One thing I'm not a fan of is the twist feature of the nozzle. I have had the product coalesce at the bottom of the nozzle, which resulted in an impressive "chip" of material that I removed from it. I think that's a testament to the robustness of the product.

I've also put some in an old Gloss Coat syringe, and applied it like Gloss Coat. That one I experienced  crystallization around the opening. That Hyper Seal seems to be pretty loaded with solids.

New formula Hyper Seal had increased ceramic components (adds to durability and hardness) and I'm sure creates more "solids", demanding better spray heads.  The Doc is dedicated to making sprayable products like compounds/polishes, Ultra Seal/Hyper Seal, and that can cause issues with equipment.

On 7/17/2023 at 9:34 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

New formula Hyper Seal had increased ceramic components (adds to durability and hardness) and I'm sure creates more "solids", demanding better spray heads.  The Doc is dedicated to making sprayable products like compounds/polishes, Ultra Seal/Hyper Seal, and that can cause issues with equipment.

I'm all for it!

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm if HyperSeal will damage your towels while applying it. Like making them hydrophobic.

If thats the case it makes it kinda not ideal to use as a drying aid as it will ruin yoor drying towels.

Also does the green ONR works well with HS? Or should I get the regular blue one.

My car had the Opti Coat Pro 3 and Pro + ceramic coatings last September. Since then I've been cleaning it with ONR, sometimes preceded by Power Clean on the lower portions. It always looks great after. But today I used Opti Coat Rinseless and Hyper Seal (old formula). Having seen the issues some people had with the spray nozzle that comes with Hyper Seal, I transferred the contents to an EZPRO spray bottle which is capable of emitting a fine mist. I have never used a drying aid and have no idea as to how to use it. Instead, I first sprayed the car with Opti Coat Rinseless, went over it with the black sponge, and then dried it. I then sprayed a light mist of Hyper Seal panel by panel, wiping it off immediately. When I was finished I backed the car out of the garage into full sun. I was bowled over! The gloss was fantastic. (The car is a 2022 BMW i4-M Sport 40 in Sunset Orange metallic.)

Was this incredible gloss due to using Hyper Seal; was it due to using Opti Coat Rinseless rather than ONR; was it due to using both products?

4 hours ago, berchman said:

My car had the Opti Coat Pro 3 and Pro + ceramic coatings last September. Since then I've been cleaning it with ONR, sometimes preceded by Power Clean on the lower portions. It always looks great after. But today I used Opti Coat Rinseless and Hyper Seal (old formula). Having seen the issues some people had with the spray nozzle that comes with Hyper Seal, I transferred the contents to an EZPRO spray bottle which is capable of emitting a fine mist. I have never used a drying aid and have no idea as to how to use it. Instead, I first sprayed the car with Opti Coat Rinseless, went over it with the black sponge, and then dried it. I then sprayed a light mist of Hyper Seal panel by panel, wiping it off immediately. When I was finished I backed the car out of the garage into full sun. I was bowled over! The gloss was fantastic. (The car is a 2022 BMW i4-M Sport 40 in Sunset Orange metallic.)

Was this incredible gloss due to using Hyper Seal; was it due to using Opti Coat Rinseless rather than ONR; was it due to using both products?

It's probably a joint effort of the two. One way to find out is to separate them next time. 

That's a nice ride too. My bassist bought one, but it's a super dark blue metallic. I put Optimum Gloss Coat on it for him. I actually saw it last Thursday and it looked fantastic. Even after being taken through an automatic car wash, there was no wash induced marring present on that vehicle. It's due for a maintance wash though. That's the one where I apply Hyper Seal to it after the wash process. 

• 7 months later...
On 7/13/2023 at 9:01 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

agree with Kidde and have suggested transferring Hyper Seal into Opti-Seal bottle.  The HS trigger pull sprays more product than is needed IMO.  I've asked Dr G to review that bottle and spray head.

@Ron@Optimum do you need to clean the empty Opti Seal bottle with paint prep first before transferring the Hyper Seal?