Is it ok to mix ONR and OCW?

Hi all,

I have been using ONRWW  for years, using about 10 microfiber pads and discarding them after each section/panel. I wanted to say how great it was and safe too, one time i dropped the bucket and it splashed my whole face with the solution, it got in my eyes and mouth, but it didn't do any harm at all, so i appreciate how non-toxic it is too!

My ONRWW is getting low and i went to buy it again but then i read about the new formula of ONR, and that sounds great, but the ONRWW didn't appear to have the new formula and the local dealer is out of stock of ONRWW as well.

So I was wondering if i bought the new formula ONR and added some OCW (Optimum Car Wax) to it, would that essentially make it a new formula ONRWW and is it safe to do so?

If so, what dilutions would people suggest?

Or would it be better to just wash the car first using ONR new formula and then give it a quick spray with OCW afterwards before drying?

I live in Outback Australia so i really need  as much UV protection as possible, but it's also very dirty and dusty too so the thought of the new formula benefits with OCR and the extra polymers etc i don't want to miss out on either.

The other question i had was the wheels, onrww works great on the cars paint but it seems to struggle with the brake dust on the wheels (Audi Q8).  Should i increase the dilution or is there another Optimum product better suited to wheels that people suggest.

Thanks!

New formula ONRWW is on it's way (probably why your distributor is out).  ONRWW was created specifically because users were adding wax to ONR, and I can guarantee it was developed from scratch (not just adding wax).  Dr G and I tested the various formulas on our own cars until he was satisfied.  Brake dust is tough for any car wash, but increasing the dilution to quick detailer level (1 oz to 16 oz of water) should help.  Beyond that, Power Clean is on good brake dust and FerreX is the ultimate ferrous metal remover. 

Great to hear the new formula ONRWW is coming soon, I just need to wash more cars so I can use up my quart of old formula.  It's just that you use so little per wash (the way I do it).  Good tip about the stronger mix for wheels...I rarely do rinsesless on wheels...because I have so much conventional car wash, I generally use the hose for the wheels.

10 hours ago, Gumby Sauce said:

The other question i had was the wheels, onrww works great on the cars paint but it seems to struggle with the brake dust on the wheels (Audi Q8).  Should i increase the dilution or is there another Optimum product better suited to wheels that people suggest.

For wheels that are especially dirty and/or do not have a ceramic coating, it is best to perform initial wash with an APC  (Power Clean in the case of Optimums line as stated by Ron),  Typically Power Clean diluted at 3:1 to 5:1 is most appropriate for exterior surfaces.  I personally prefer to use P&S Brake Buster instead of Power Clean as it contains a rust inhibitor.  Not quite as effective at cleaning (especially tires) such that I typically use it at 1:1 to 2:1 dilution ratio but it also costs half as much as Power Clean.  I have noticed  significant less rust build up on the rotors after drying when using Brake Buster (slightly dulled versus deep orange). 

10 hours ago, Setec Astronomy said:

Great to hear the new formula ONRWW is coming soon, I just need to wash more cars so I can use up my quart of old formula.  It's just that you use so little per wash (the way I do it).  Good tip about the stronger mix for wheels...I rarely do rinsesless on wheels...because I have so much conventional car wash, I generally use the hose for the wheels.

Not sure if you use a drying aid or not, but using the blue ONR and OCW as a drying aid works amazingly well, and is very easy, so that might get you by until the new ONRWW is out. 

Thanks for the replies everyone, much appreciated.

I think I will get a small bottle of ONR and OCW for now, using them separately with ONR as a wash first and a drying aid with the OCW. I will get a big bottle of the new ONRWW when it comes out, because that sounds like my ideal product!

I had a read about both the Power Clean and Ferrex for the wheels and they both sound good, so will give them a go too. :)

Cheers

On 6/10/2021 at 11:34 PM, Gumby Sauce said:

Hi all,

I have been using ONRWW  for years, using about 10 microfiber pads and discarding them after each section/panel. I wanted to say how great it was and safe too, one time i dropped the bucket and it splashed my whole face with the solution, it got in my eyes and mouth, but it didn't do any harm at all, so i appreciate how non-toxic it is too!

My ONRWW is getting low and i went to buy it again but then i read about the new formula of ONR, and that sounds great, but the ONRWW didn't appear to have the new formula and the local dealer is out of stock of ONRWW as well.

So I was wondering if i bought the new formula ONR and added some OCW (Optimum Car Wax) to it, would that essentially make it a new formula ONRWW and is it safe to do so?

If so, what dilutions would people suggest?

Or would it be better to just wash the car first using ONR new formula and then give it a quick spray with OCW afterwards before drying?

I live in Outback Australia so i really need  as much UV protection as possible, but it's also very dirty and dusty too so the thought of the new formula benefits with OCR and the extra polymers etc i don't want to miss out on either.

Thanks!

The way I use onrww is after my onr wash I spray my soulution of onrww and spray wax one panal at a  time and dry .  I soak the hole car with onr by ik sprayer  then wash  if the onr is dry buy the time I  get done the onrww and spray wax soulution  solves this problem   and gets a nice layer of wax every were. 

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Mr.Outback said:

Wrt mixing, I wonder if adding ONR to a more aggressive "car shampoo"  ( like P & S  Double Black Pearl shampoo) adds any improvement to the shampoo's lubricity ?

Why not just use ONR? 

I've heard ONR will kill the suds in a traditional soap. Plus, any PH neutral soap isn’t really aggressive anyways, they do very little cleaning on their own, being as they are ph neutral. An aggressive shampoo would usually be alkaline. 

Interesting.  I did the combo with P & S shampoo and Opti-Coat ONR in my IK foam sprayer:  Got quite a bit of foam out of it and it seemed to clean well.  However, that's the exception as it requires an actual rinse and air dry (latter via an EGO 630 CMF blower - very loud!).  I usually just apply ONR mixed with distilled water in my IK sprayer and gently microfiber towel it off afterwards.

If you are mixing onr with any other product   that you have to rinse  then  I believe  you are losing  what one of the benefits of using onr . The protection  of using this product . 

The only  optimum products i have mixed and like the way it works is 

Optimum  soap and power clean 

Onrww and optimum  spray wax.  

• 1 month later...

I have mixed  optium spray wax with onrww and water in a ik sprayer or weedkiller pump sprayer dont really have a dilution ration down yet but about 2 oz of spray wax and 3oz of onrww in a gallon of water. After doing a onr wash  i uses this as a drying  aid it gets a nice layer of wax all over the car. It works well in colder temperatures and gets wax I  all gaps . If it smears to much I just add more water.