ONR bucket okay to get power clean in?

In this old video, Yvan and Levi seem to not only dip the bug scrubber back into the ONR bucket after getting power  clean on it, and seem to rinse off the power clean with the same bucket of ONR and BRS that they wash with. 

is that okay? Will the power clean not contaminate the ONR in the bucket, or will the neutralizing of power clean make it perfectly fine?

yes I know a hose would be best but as I don’t always have one I am curious. 

ONR is the neutralizing factor and Power Clean can be added to ONR to supercharge cleaning power.  An interesting factoid about Power Clean from Dr G -

Power Clean is a soap/surfactant dissolved in water and there is only a small amount of solvent.

This was in response to pregnant customer asking if solvents in Power Clean were any danger to her baby. Answer was no -

I would love to test this out and talk about it but sadly OPT stuff in my country has run dry and there seems little hope on getting my hands at it in the near future.

I have about 100ml of the old ONR left and thats it... then I run out as well!

So if anyone wanna gimme a little something something Id be all for it 🤪

image.jpeg.9b596d91e350a3fc66b523957bce4f91.jpeg

Fun aside I dont think OPC in a ONR would work because I am afraid that OPC would kill off the ONR lubricity and dissolve its encaptulation ability. Dont know...maybe I am wrong but Id still just rather pre spray the car with OPC and PW it off before washing the car with ONR. It would be a fun test though!

On 9/7/2022 at 10:10 AM, Ron@Optimum said:

ONR is the neutralizing factor and Power Clean can be added to ONR to supercharge cleaning power.  An interesting factoid about Power Clean from Dr G -

Power Clean is a soap/surfactant dissolved in water and there is only a small amount of solvent.

This was in response to pregnant customer asking if solvents in Power Clean were any danger to her baby. Answer was no -

Thanks Ron 😎 do you happen to know how many ounces of power clean per gallon ? I’m guessing 1-3 ounces in a gallon is all you need  in a ONR solution 😇

Honestly surprised this isn’t more talked about trick. Being able to super charge a rinseless especially with people complaining about “cleaning power”

I understand a pressure is best case scenario but I often don’t have access on mobile jobs. I’m also going to assume being that it’s Optimum, this mixture can be used in direct sun. I’ll try some testing maybe tomorrow. Will also try this solution as a super charged interior wipe down like a foaming QD. 

On 9/8/2022 at 8:17 PM, A&J said:

Fun aside I dont think OPC in a ONR would work because I am afraid that OPC would kill off the ONR lubricity and dissolve its encaptulation ability. Dont know...maybe I am wrong but Id still just rather pre spray the car with OPC and PW it off before washing the car with ONR. It would be a fun test though!

Exactly what I'm thinking. Using a pressure washer makes everything so much easier, but I would love to manage without. Maybe the lack of lubricity could be solved by using a drying aid. Even with a regular ONR wash, I can feel a huge difference in slickness when using a drying aid. I won't dry without one.

In my experience, ONR has been a bit lacking with bee poop, certain bird poop and baked on bug residue on neglected cars. That's about it. I would be very curious if a little OPC would help here! 

Well you can scrape away bee poop with your finger nails, pre wash bird poop and wash it a few minutes later and use Power clean on bugs and ONR it away.

I would say that a 1:10 dilutted OPC would come in handy in winter time to pre spray the car before you hit it with a ONR soaked wash mitt or sponge. OPC would probably dissolve road film much better then ONR alone (but honestly Ive used ONR alone and it also worked well enough on its own).

1 hour ago, A&J said:

Well you can scrape away bee poop with your finger nails, pre wash bird poop and wash it a few minutes later and use Power clean on bugs and ONR it away.

I would say that a 1:10 dilutted OPC would come in handy in winter time to pre spray the car before you hit it with a ONR soaked wash mitt or sponge. OPC would probably dissolve road film much better then ONR alone (but honestly Ive used ONR alone and it also worked well enough on its own).

I have also had great success with ONR versus road salt. But yes agree, a weaker dilution of 10:1 sprayer on then wiped away probably won’t be enough to hurt my ONR bucket. And I could even add in some extra ONR to be safe

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2023 at 3:03 PM, HotTunaCartel said:

Was just googling this question today and came across this post.  
This will def be helpful once we start getting nasty weather here.  Going to try an oz per gallon in ONR next week when I wash my truck.   

Quick question that I was thinking about this morning.  Would adding OPC to my regular prespray ONR in a 2 gallon IK sprayer help at all or would it not allow the ONR to run down the panel as it captures dirt? 
I'm wondering if the contact wash with OPC is what helps remove more dirt as opposed to the prespray.  

39 minutes ago, Ron@Optimum said:

Dr G states Power Clean and ONR are not compatible and should not be mixed.  I know that's contrary to what I said before and was told, sometime.  I do know that we recommend rinsing Power Clean with ONR dampened MF, due to the pH balancing.

So any mixing with ONR and OPC will negate the rinseless properties of ONR and I'd be leaving "soap" on the paint?   

Since pre-spraying seems to have become an almost universal part of rinseless washing, maybe that's a product niche that Dr. G wants to look at--some sort of ONR-compatible pre-spray.  I can tell you there is intense interest in "snow foams" on other forums, products that you spray on before washing to loosen/remove dirt.  In some cases people use these before washing, in some cases instead of a wash (think winter when you just want to get the bulk of the contaminants off).  Apparently the only products that actually work seem to come out of Europe, not sure if there is some environmental restriction here that drives that.  One of the products mentioned a lot is Bilt Hamber Touchless.  But these are not "no-rinse" products, they need to be rinsed off.

I personally have never found pre-spraying for rinseless to be of much value, but most of the time I was trying it on crusted-on salt/brine residue that just laughed at the prespray--if I feel the need to do it now I use a Harbor Freight airless paint sprayer which works kind of like a mini pressure washer to blast off stuff.  Although I think when I did a pump-up sprayer pre-spray I may have been using the normal ONR dilution, a lot of people use a more concentrated dilution for pre-spray.  Maybe that's what Dr. G will recommend.