NEW PRODUCTS - TRCMA

JoseG

18 minutes ago, Setec Astronomy said:

As a follow-up to JoseG's question, will there be an ONRWW v.3 based on the ONR v.5 formula, and if so, when will that be available? Also how will the new formulas be shown at the store, since right now they both say "new formula" from the last revision.

And thank you, Ron, for the clarifications, that's great news that the Opti-Trim can be applied over itself.  And I have no doubt that TRC will move the Opti-Coat maintenance line.

For ONR they showed it in the video. It has a gold ‘version 5’ sticker on it. 

Dr G said several weeks on V5 ONR (but I saw a bottle on Facebook), no info on the clay and Ceramic Seal but they're not listed online yet. I'm guessing ONRWW will follow shortly, but when we're out of the last formula. I believe all new versions going forward will be labeled V?.  I'll know when I get my samples.  Dr G is out of the country for the next 15 days.

On 4/12/2023 at 4:34 PM, Ron@Optimum said:

Dr G said several weeks on V5 ONR (but I saw a bottle on Facebook), no info on the clay and Ceramic Seal but they're not listed online yet. I'm guessing ONRWW will follow shortly, but when we're out of the last formula. I believe all new versions going forward will be labeled V?.  I'll know when I get my samples.  Dr G is out of the country for the next 15 days.

Any chance we’ll see an updated Opti-Clean based off new ONR as well? Would love to see better concentrations too!

Nice group of enhancements at TRG's event.  How  does ONR version 5 compares with the Opti Coat ONR.  Are they now comparable or does Opti Coat ONR have advantages when used on Opti Coat ceramic coatings?

5 minutes ago, Kiddetailer said:

Is ultra ceramic sealant better than hyper seal ?

No. According to Dr G it is only half as durable. Car Wax > Opti Seal > Ultra Ceramic Seal > Hyper Seal. (Not actually sure about Opti vs Ultra but judging by the description of UCS - better slickness/gloss over opti while still lasting 6m- Id say it’s a step above. Perhaps Ron can confirm?)

I haven't sampled the Ceramic Seal yet, but from what Dr G says, my guess is among sealants the hierarchy is Hyper Seal, Ceramic Seal, Opti-Seal, Car Wax for durability.  Other characteristics are mostly subjective - hydrophobics, chemical resistance, shine, slickness, and hardness. Now that Dr G is back in country I'll get his input.

this is how Dr G described Ultimate Ceramic Seal to me originally (I didn't post because I didn't want to get ahead of his announcement):

The new Ceramic Seal is a water based product that is for consumers in the Optimum line and is in between Opti-Seal and Hype Seal. It has more slickness and gloss than Opti-Seal and lasts about 6 months