2_04_22 ONR demo

I just came here to post this!  Pretty good demo. 

My car has been close to that level of dirt many times that I’ve used ONR or Opti-clean for and I’ve always been happy with the results. 

There is nothing that can’t be cleaned safely with ONR or Opti clean. Just some will need a pre-rinse. 

I've had to use this method many times over the years. 

A lot of people cry about ONR or rinseless in general. In full disclosure, I don't even have car shampoo in the shop. 

A guy I work with was so offended that I used ONR on a car that he re-washed it when I went to lunch! It looked great, which is why I went to lunch, because when I got back, the polishing started...  

Same with the demos of ONR. A lot of people cry about the car not being dirty enough... 

This video should clear that up. 

20 minutes ago, A&J said:

Nah...People are still gonna say that the car wasnt dirty enough and that those scratches at the end were a result of ONR washing.

Which is funny. Cause if you took a normal car soap and wash pad and went to town directly on that dirt there would absolutely be way more scratches than this ONR method. 

I don’t know why people don’t see that as soon as you put the media on the panel and move it it’s already dragging some kind of dirt. Even if you change it every swipe. Just some do a better job of encapsulating and lifting than others. 

• 1 month later...

Thought this might be relevant:

Here in the Netherlands, there's been a 'Sahara-sand dustcloud', so every car is dirty as heck. On the completely wrecked Dacia of my girlfriends parents, I decided to try ONR. No pre-spray, heck this was a second-hand, very cold, ONR solution from washing my own car the other day.

20220318-143735.jpg

Well, that worked awesome! The UBS picked up the sand very easily and the ONR beaded up right away. I tried Hyper-Seal, Car Wax and Gloss enhancer as a drying aid on different panels. Hyper-Seal was definitely the slickest, but required some buffing. After that, gloss enhancer was my favourite.

I wouldn't say this was a safe wash, but then again I didn't notice any extra damage on this destroyed car. The paint sure was shiny though.

• 2 weeks later...

Heijneker, there’s an interesting video on the OPT YouTube of them using ONR to wash a truck that’s been in a building fire (straight sponge to paint). Completely covered in soot and ash. 
The man in the video makes a comment along the lines of “will it hurt the paint, well it’s been in a fire!” Of course the comments had a field day with that line. 
but I think his point is basically look, even if the vehicle is heavily dirty ONR CAN tackle it. Yeah the paint might not perfect but if the car is that dirty what’s more important a clean car with a few inevitable swirls, or leaving the dirt on because “oh no a mark!”

us rinseless users will be defending that it’s not an “in between Wash” for the rest of your detailing days. Again & again we will explain the multiple safe methods of washing and again & again people will say it scratches. 🙄

And me personally, I’d rather have a clean, shiny car than one covered in dust and dirt—even if that means a few swirls along the way. 

I dont know about you people but Ive washed my car with ONR for years and it still looked better then new cars Ive seen on the road...that was until someone rear ended me (even ONR could remove that dent)....after that i sold the car. 

Now Ive replaced it with a used Toyota and it already came with swirls from the previous owner and Ive yet to polish the car! 

Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks....same goes with ONR and what I call "the soap people"

3 hours ago, A&J said:

I dont know about you people but Ive washed my car with ONR for years and it still looked better then new cars Ive seen on the road...that was until someone rear ended me (even ONR could remove that dent)....after that i sold the car. 

Now Ive replaced it with a used Toyota and it already came with swirls from the previous owner and Ive yet to polish the car! 

Its hard to teach an old dog new tricks....same goes with ONR and what I call "the soap people"

It’s more fun when it’s not polished, you can beat it up more 😂